Windows 10 crashes

nigelmu

I have been having issues running the latest version of Accordance on a Microsoft Surface Book.

After a few mins of editing user notes - icons would begin to disappear in Accordance until eventually the application stopped responding and the only way to proceed was to kill the Accordance task.  I installed an older version of Accordance and the issue still occured - but not so often.  on the current version it will consistently cause issues after 5 to 10 mins of typing.

It occurs to me that the key difference between this and my last laptop relates to the very high DPI of the Surface Book display.  I am running at 150% scaling. 

I have been trying various solutions - like running in compatibility mode to no avail.  This afternoon I thought to try selecting the 'disable interface scaling option' under the Accordance appearance preferences.  This makes Accordance very hard to use on such a high resolution display - but would seem to have solved the issue.  It seems the interface scaling facility is the heart of the problem.

I am running Windows 10 X64 - latest build, and all the latest drivers.

& I am on the latest build of Accordance. 

Nigel

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Nigel,

I've been having similar issues for some time.

I think I can tie it to whenever I press the Ctrl key to move between words while editing user notes.

It seems the program prefers me to press Alt rather than Ctrl - but because I'm so used to Ctrl elsewhere I keep making the mistake, 

and as you've described, Accordance keeps disappearing bit by bit until it's all gone.

post-16381-0-19981000-1451868153_thumb.jpg

And post-16381-0-47872300-1451868133_thumb.jpg

and even the update window is affected: post-16381-0-78675100-1451868103_thumb.jpg

D

• 2 weeks later...

So it also happens with tools. This time I wasn't even using ctrl key to move the cursor - only as ctrl-b to bold a word in a user tool. 

So it does seem to be the ctrl key as the culprit. 

Has anyone else had a similar problem? This is my main source of Accordance grief at the moment, as I can't help use the ctrl key to move the cursor when editing a note or tool. 

(I am trying to use the alt key more, but just lost this whole reply when I pressed alt-left to move the cursor in Chrome!)

I have a related problem: when I try to select blocks of text by Ctrl+arrow in the Search Box, the text does not get highlighted, and if I get distracted, I wouldn't know which part I've already highlighted.

• 2 weeks later...

With latest update it's working for me now (that is, I haven't managed to crash it with ctrl yet). 

Thanks all.