Linking to Accordance Modules

Dr. Nathan Parker

I know linking to Accordance Modules has recently improved. How does one generate links to Accordance Modules using the new system?

Can these hyperlinks be placed inside Word documents, inside User Tools, or even linked into a web page containing a course?

The reason I was asking is when I do start teaching down the road, I could utilize textbooks in Accordance format and create hyperlinks to the reading assignments in their respective Accordance Modules. I could place these links in a Word copy of the syllabus or even create a User Tool copy of the syllabus and professor's notes (in addition to Word or PDF copies for those that need it) so students can follow along with the course right inside Accordance and have a searchable copy of the notes in their library as a gift from their professor.

Is there a way to link to searches, topical searches in Bibles, graphical construct searches, passage info pane searches, etc., or would those best be handled by building a workspace and sharing the workspace with others?

Thanks!

In addition to the webinar, that I highly recommend you attend, I will answer some of the questions:

Links to Accordance use the accord:// prefix, and their syntax is well documented in the help under: Digging Deeper > Using Links for Common Tasks

Built into Accordance 11.1 are two Copy As functions for quickly generating an accord link, either to the current location in a tool or the current search.  These are both available in the right-click Copy As menu and the Edit -> Copy As menus, for within a text or tool pane, or within the entry box.  However, there is much more syntax available, so please do see the help.

The links can be placed anywhere your Mac or PC will recognize links, including a website, social media, text message, PDF file, and of course within a User Tool or User Note within Accordance.  One exception, however, is Word, as I believe Microsoft still does not support custom URL schemes, such as our 'accord://' prefix.

Since Word16 beta they support it, so Word 16, Exel 16, One Note 16, it works. Outlook 16 I haven't tested. And in PowerPoint 16 it doesn't work.

I have also created a shortcut like post-32723-0-01130200-1451376369_thumb.png (same like in MS) to create links. It has not exact the same function while in MS it opens a pop-up to paste the link in and in Accordance it's copy the place for links.

Webpage: I don't know. Unfortunately here in the Forums it does't work. There are requests in the Forum of the Forum developer but it is not come through to the developer there. 

There you have to test self.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

This would seem to be a helpful webinar to put in our webinar archives.  I'd love to have there to refer to...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for the info! I will try the right-click menus as that would be easy. I thought something like that was added but wasn't sure. I will also look over the help file. I missed Mark's webinar, but I'll chat with Linda and see when another one is offered and try to drop in on it.

In terms of "Word 16", would that be the latest build of Office for Mac that came out a while back? That's the version I'm running.

• 11 months later...

So I found the "links to do common tasks" file to be super helpful. I did wonder if there's a way to link out to a string of references as in "John 3:14; Mark 2:6; Rev. 5:7" and have them open as a verse list. I know I could do each separately but it would just be one click through instead of three.

Very impressed with the power of using these links on either Mac OS or iOS and excited to explore the range of what I can do.

Thanks!

Figured out my own answer. You have to use %3B to substitute for a ";" in URLs. Put that in and it works great.