Hebrew Word Search וינח

Gedalya

I am trying to find all of the verses where the Hebrew word  וינח appears.  When I type in the Hebrew word, I get in addition words like וַיַּנִּחֵ֣הוּ  and וַיַּנְחֵ֕ם  etc.   I wish to restrict the search to find only the exact form וינח and nothing else but cannot figure out how to do this.  Can anyone help?

Hey Gordon, I cannot get the results you get actually. I am doing a literal search and typing it (though cut and paste from your post gets the same results) in and I get 24 hits which are basically this word in various forms. My Hebrew isn't good enough to be certain of the word but looks like "verb to rest, repose, settle" in a waw consecutive ? If not then I'm probably off but the search seems solid if done as a literal. I'd be interested in knowing how you are getting the results you are getting though. I assume its HMT-W4 that you are searching.

Do you by any chance have your prefs Greek & Hebrew -> Hebrew searching -> Switch to Literal set to Never ?

Thx

D

If you find the form you want, select it, right-click and select Search for Inflected, you should get a search argument like this: "ו ינח". You can also enter it yourself, with quotes around the phrase and a space between the prefix and the word.

• Like 1