Sometimes Accordance Gets in My Way

Mick Matousek

I am attempting to amplify an OT quotation in NT (OT in NT) on Mark 12:36. I get the error message "Cannot add a new pane, since at least one of the current panes is too small." Why should this ever happen? Why should Accordance decide what is too small? And how frustrating to be required to manually size pane after pane to satisfy this error message. Which one is too small ?? It seems to make no difference what size font is displayed. Yes, I'm on a MacBook, but in this day and age, why are these limits hard coded. I'd actually like to see the as many panes as I have application memory to produce. Perhaps a column of single words in a tiny font might someday be useful. Please change this limit. :mellow:

Not sure why you are going in and manually resizing each pane. The solution is to widen the window, and Accordance will fit in as many panes as it can. No one has complained about the limit in pane width before, so we think we should leave it in.

You cannot not widen the window beyond full screen on a laptop. The error message states that "at least one" is too large. To me, that implies re-sizing one of them to get them to fit. This works in other cases with Accordance.

No one 'complained' about caps in the instant detail box before the first person did, yet it was changed. I don't view being the first one to report a user interface inefficiency a disqualification to its validity.

I hope that posting comments on the forum is not viewed as "complaining." I continue to view Accordance to be the best Bible software available and the user support is excellent. Constructive feedback from users should be positive for software development. I'm not asking that issues get resolved in the next software release, but they should be cataloged, reviewed, and evaluated.

Archived