Sentence Diagram Formatting

bobby0711

Hi,

Question 1

Is there a way to insert spaces between lines in the sentence diagram? It seems like the only way working with this feature (if you are working with numerous verses) is to work from the bottom up, otherwise there is no where below to move the text (it gets moved on to existing text.

Question 2

Is there a way to add verses to the current diagram OR a way to merge two diagram files.

Thanks! Robert

Robert, thanks for your questions.

Question 1:  The only way to insert vertical space is by dragging around the existing lines.  Unfortunately there is no way to automatically add more lines between verses when first creating the diagram.  If you need more space at the bottom, however, you can add more vertical pages in the Ctrl-T (Display menu -> Set Diagram Display).

Question 2: There is no explicit 'merge' feature between two diagram tabs, but you can drag and drop or copy and paste elements in between.  So, simply select all elements (Ctrl-A) and copy and paste them from one document to another.

• Like 1

Dear Joel,

Thank you very much for your response. At least I know where I stand. It would be very helpful if it were possible to insert lines. As it is, it seems better to just work in Word for lengthy passages.  Working from the bottom up is just prohibitive (for me anyway).

I will try your second suggestion again but I also tried that and even trying an insertion point at the end of the diagram that is being pasted into, the "pasted" information writes over the information (the Greek text) that is already on the page. I really like Accordance so any comments are provided in the spirit of seeing an excellent product become even better. Thanks again for your direction!

In Christ, Robert

Robert, when pasting you should be able to just drag around and move all of your objects to the new desired location.

Dear Joel,

Thank you. I just needed to be more persistent about trying to move the pasted text. One last concern is that as I scroll down, the text that was not visible on the screen (until I scroll down) does not appear until I mouse click the screen. In other words, when I scroll down the portion of the screen that was not previously showing appears blank "white" until I click on the screen. I am using a PC with windows 10. Thanks, Robert

ps. now that I see how it is possible to cut and paste and move around I see how this is much more "doable." Plus, of course, in a word processor one does not benefit from the color coding and the "Instant Details."

Robert, I believe that bug was fixed in 11.1.1 or 11.1.2.  Are you sure you are up to date?

Dear Joel,

No it wasn't but it is now, and that fixed the problem! I'm sure I will get a lot of use out of this function now that I understand it better. Also, I have found that highlighting and using the arrow up down left right to move text greatly simplifies the process. Thanks again for all your help! Robert

• Like 1