The word 'visions' in Ezekiel 43:3

Paul1

I am using KJV w/strongs on my iPod touch. I am looking at Ezekiel 43:3 in the verse it says: ..."I saw when i came to destroy the city: and the visions were like the vision i saw..."

In this bible version the word "visions" is (H4759 feminine) and the word "vision" is (H4758 masculine). However in many other KJV bibles (online web searches, and Strong's Concordance (book)) the word "visions" is (H4758) and not (H4759).

I want to ascertain which is the correct hebrew word for "visions," as it is important for a study I am doing. Is it H4758 or H4759? Thanks

In this verse the singular form is masculine "mar'e" but the plural is feminine, but essentially the same word, "mar'a". There are other Hebrew words used elsewhere that translate to "vision." I do not see much significance in the slight change of form in this verse.

In this verse the singular form is masculine "mar'e" but the plural is feminine, but essentially the same word, "mar'a". There are other Hebrew words used elsewhere that translate to "vision." I do not see much significance in the slight change of form in this verse.

I know it seems an insignificant issue... However I am doing a study on the masculine and feminine variants of this word.

There seems to be a discrepancy in different KJV w/strong's bibles most have the plural word "visions" as 4578 (was form) and some 4579 (fem form).

I am trying to understand why there would be a discrepancy and also which would be the correct original word. Thanks 

Hi, I can’t speak for the Strong’s coding, but the word translated “visions” in the Hebrew text is  מַרְא֕וֹת which is a feminine plural form. The other times מַרְאֶה occurs in this verse it is the masculine form. The ראה root occurs 8 times in this short verse, 5 in the noun form מראה and 3 in the verbal form ראה. Of the 5 in the noun form, four are masculine  מַרְאֶה  and 1 is feminine מַרְאָה.

Please ask whatever you would like about this and we’ll try and answer. The KJV in Acc seems to be keyed correctly in my view.

post-29263-0-20069400-1452301346_thumb.png

I have verified in 5 different Bible programs all these numbers are identical, I am not sure what your issue is.

-Dan

EDIT: Olivetree, Worsearch, OnlineBible*, Logos, as well as Accordance. 

OLB*: I know as a fact that Larry of OLB use to pay $5 an error for any mistagged word. And I believe he reported having paid over $100,000 and is as certain as one can be that his text is error free.

Edited by Dan Francis

I was using the following Bibles:

HiSB

and 

Interlinear

HOT+

e-Sword

But if Olivetree, Wordsearch, Logos and Accordance are all giving the same result (H4759), with the additional comments about OLB, then I will take it that the three versions I looked at were incorrect.

Thanks