More Wesleyan Tradition works Please

jabenroth

It would be wonderful to see more works in Accordance from the Wesleyan tradition, i.e. the NBBC commentary, Global Wesleyan Dictionary of Theology, The Wesleyan Bible Study new Testament Commentary ect. There are some really great resources out there.

I love working with accordance and would love to see more of the Wesleyan tradition represented so I can get them in a digital format and not in hard copies.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Bumping this because I think it's important to keep expanding I would love to be able to help more pastors on our side of the house use accordance with more resources.

Thanks for the suggestions—and the reminder!

I've been working to balance our resource offerings, but this part of my mission has been pushed off to the side a bit since SBL (Nov. 2015). I look forward to renewing my efforts in this area.

You likely already realize it is in Accordance but want to point out a very nice one volume Wesleyan work-- 

ASBURY BIBLE COMMENTARY

I do not use it as often as I am should but time and time again I find myself pleasantly surprised by the depth in this one volume work (like all one volumes, and even some multivolume at times, I do come away from it saying I got nothing useful there, but it is well worth owning for the price).

-Dan

Edited by Dan Francis

Dr j, does that mean you will be getting more orthodox material. (Eg from svs press, the orthodox research institute, etc)?

Edited by ukfraser

Hi, Fraser!

I know that we are interested in acquiring more Orthodox material, but I am not spearheading that particular effort. I'll let one of those people chime in, when they get a chance. Maybe they can give us an update.

To all of you, let me remind you that acquiring resources is often a lengthy task. That's particularly true when we have to work with a new content provider, like a different publishing house. It takes time to build a relationship, acquaint them with our company and our software, work out contract details etc. It's far easier to add resources from a publisher with whom we have had a working relationship for a long time.

Thanks dr j

I appreciate the time it takes to establish a relationship with a publisher and share your frustration with certain publishers (oup).

I am very grateful for what is offered as i will always get a resource in accordance in preference to paper available.

Thomas Oden has written/compiled did a four-volume systematic theology/analysis of John Wesley's writings, that would be a great thing to include.