siglum "→" at Mark 3.15 (Paragraph 3072), NA28 Apparatus v1.3

johnburnett

Mark 3.15 (Paragraph 3072), NA28 Apparatus v1.3:

• 15 ⸀ εδωκεν αυτοις D W (lat) bopt |
    ⸆ p) θεραπευειν τας (- Θ) νοσους και A C2 D K P W Γ Θ ƒ1.13 28. 33. 579. (700). 1241. 1424. 2542

Mark 3.15 (Paragraph 3072), NA28 Apparatus v1.3:

• 15 ⸀ εδωκεν αυτοις D W (lat) bopt |

⸆ p) θεραπευειν τας (- Θ) νοσους και A C2 D K P W Γ Θ ƒ1.13 28. 33. 579. (700). 1241. 1424. 2542 (lat) syh |

⸇ και περιαγοντας κηρυσσειν το ευαγγελιον W a c e vgmss  →

Comments:

I don’t understand what the siglum “→” means, and why the entry doesn’t give any rationale for the editors’ choice, since after listing all the variants, NA usually indicates the editors' choice by the formula, “| txt ABCDEFG” or some such.

When i cursor over the “→”, the Instant Results window tells me, "• 15 ⸆ pon. και θεραπευειν τας νοσους  p. δαιμονια 700”.

Is this all as it should be? What does “→” mean? How can i tell the rationale for the editors’ choice to omit θεραπευειν τας (- Θ) νοσους και?

Furthermore, the siglum "→" is not available in the dropdown list of searchable sigla, and as far as i can tell, it doesn't appear in the introduction to NA28 Apparatus.

(I have submitted this to corrections@ already, in case it's an error, but i'd appreciate it if anyone can answer my question.)

The → is a symbol added into the Accordance edition as a placeholder for a hyperlink which 'points' to the minor variant apparatus (Appendix II). The print edition does not cue the reader to the presence of additional info; one must flip back-and-forth. We took the liberty of saving you the time.

As to why the editors do not list txt in this case, I am not readily aware. I checked the print edition, and there are no typos or omissions; this is intended.

I hope this helps.

• Like 1