Useful Biblical & Qumranic Hebrew Reference Grammars

cameronenochs

Here's some input from a graduate student who uses Accordance daily in his studies. 

I'm currently studying for an MA in Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins (Nyack College in New York, NY). My Biblical Hebrew skills are at in intermediate level. So I've found it tremendously useful that I can have several important reference grammars at my fingertips and searchable while I'm doing my daily readings and translations (It's especially useful not to have to carry around several thick tomes when I'm traveling in and out of the city for classes!).

But here are a few more books geared towards quick reference that I would love to see available—I think they would fit perfectly with the searching capabilities of accordance. 

1. Williams Hebrew Syntax: Third Edition by John C. Beckman

2. A Guide to Biblical Hebrew Syntax by Bill Arnold and John Choi

I have also started a class on the Dead Sea Scrolls and Qumranic Hebrew this semester and would find equally useful: 

1. Qumran Hebrew: An Overview of Orthography, Phonology, and Morphology by Eric Reymond

2. Dictionary of the Targumim, Talmud Bavli, Talmud Yerushalmi and Midrasnhic Literature by Marcus Jastrow (in fact, I'm a bit surprised this one is not already on here).

I hope my suggestion are helpful! I would love to see these works available! 

• Like 2

I certainly second the request for Reymond's book on Qumran Hebrew.   Likewise with Williams' Hebrew Syntax.

I would recommend Sokoloff's Lexica over the work of Jastrow.   I know that there are few other places were users have requested Sokoloff; Is there at all likelihood that this will happen? 

David