This might be a bug -- or maybe I am not doing the search correctly

Jonna Schmidt

Sorry that I have had so much trouble with PODCAST #135. It is NOT Dr. Jay's fault!

I really appreciate the help that I have had from the forums, and of course, Dr. Jay's lectures have really inspired me to persist!

Anyway: In Podcast #135, at the 13:15 mark, Dr. Jay explains the differences between searches for words vs searches for clauses.

So of course: I tried to duplicate Dr. Jay's work! I now have the correct modules all downloaded, and when I have my "DEPTH" set to zero (as Dr. Jay): I get a message of: NO HITS!

When I set my search to a DEPTH of #1: I now can duplicate Dr. Jay's search!

So my question: is there still something "wrong" in my settings? Was Dr. Jay just fortunate?

I am going to try to upload all of the relevant screen shots, by the grace of GOD!

Anyway: I think that I have all #5 relevant screen shots uploaded!

When I use a "depth" of #1, I can duplicate Dr. Jay!

When I use a depth of zero: I get the dreaded message of: NO HITS!

I enclosed a copy of Dr. Jay's screen-shot which is at 13:15 minutes into his podcast

So... here is my question?

IF I use the "zero-depth" setting: why do I get "NO HITS" -- when Dr. Jay gets some hits?

NOTE: I can finally duplicate his searches, if I "add" -- and if this is just "one of those quirky things" that happen in our world: I am totally okay with this! HOWEVER... 

a. I want to make sure that I have done my search entry correctly

b. If there is a "bug", it is dealt-with

c. I want to have confidence -- now that I am trying to be a SERIOUS Greek student -- that: for

future searches: my software is "up-to-speed".

I am willing to pay for "patches" or "correctives"! I am willing to reinstall my SYNTAX modules. Just that: moving forward: now that my life is in a place where I can study Greek: if I do one of these fancy SYNTAX searches: I want to know that I have the right resources.

Thank you in advance

depth 1.tiff

death message.tiff

depth 0 no hits.tiff

depth 1 duplicate dr jay.tiff

relevant podcast page .tiff

There were some tweaks to the syntax depth which will be released with 11.1.4 very soon. That's why the podcast is labeled 11.1.4. This may account for your difficulty, now that yu have updated your syntax modules to work with your updated texts.

We considered holding the podcast until the next program update, but felt that it was important to get it out there ASAP. Sorry if this caused you confusion and frustration.