Photo

not sure if I have a defect in my software, but I can not duplicate Dr. Jay's MERGE podcast

podcast #135

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jonna Schmidt

Jonna Schmidt

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted Today, 09:10 PM

Despite my best efforts: I can not duplicate Dr. Jay's searches. In this latest search: Dr. Jay has #79 hits, and I have #85. This has really demolished my confidence in my ability to use Accordance. I have been a loyal user for more than 10 years. Somehow: when Dr. Jay does his searches: my searches do NOT match him! Sorry if I sound a bit "distraught" tonight! I just think that: I should be able to duplicate the podcast searches of Dr. Jay. If Dr. Jay gets #79 hits: I should get #79 hits. 

At this point: I just want some confidence that: i can rely on Accordance for Biblical searches. I admit that: for many years: I just used Accordance as a "source" so that I had access to items such as the theological journals. Now that my life situation has stabilized... I want to do REAL Greek searches. So, I am pretty alarmed that: my searches do NOT match "Dr. Jay"

If there is a "bug" in my software: how do I resolve this? If I am doing the searches incorrectly: how do I resolve this? I just want some confidence that: if I do a search: I can be confident in my results.  If I need to take other options, that is fine. At the end: I want some confidence that: any search results are REALLY accurate such that I will have greater knowledge of Jesus Christ, my LORD AND SAVIOR. 

I already own Bibleworks, so if I need to "move forward" to another software program, that's fine. Just please give me some answers, so that I can move forward. 

Thank you in advance. 

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: podcast #135

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users