not sure if I have a defect in my software, but I can not duplicate Dr. Jay's MERGE podcast

Jonna Schmidt

Despite my best efforts: I can not duplicate Dr. Jay's searches. In this latest search: Dr. Jay has #79 hits, and I have #85. This has really demolished my confidence in my ability to use Accordance. I have been a loyal user for more than 10 years. Somehow: when Dr. Jay does his searches: my searches do NOT match him! Sorry if I sound a bit "distraught" tonight! I just think that: I should be able to duplicate the podcast searches of Dr. Jay. If Dr. Jay gets #79 hits: I should get #79 hits. 

At this point: I just want some confidence that: i can rely on Accordance for Biblical searches. I admit that: for many years: I just used Accordance as a "source" so that I had access to items such as the theological journals. Now that my life situation has stabilized... I want to do REAL Greek searches. So, I am pretty alarmed that: my searches do NOT match "Dr. Jay"

If there is a "bug" in my software: how do I resolve this? If I am doing the searches incorrectly: how do I resolve this? I just want some confidence that: if I do a search: I can be confident in my results.  If I need to take other options, that is fine. At the end: I want some confidence that: any search results are REALLY accurate such that I will have greater knowledge of Jesus Christ, my LORD AND SAVIOR. 

I already own Bibleworks, so if I need to "move forward" to another software program, that's fine. Just please give me some answers, so that I can move forward. 

Thank you in advance. 

sdfsdf3.tiff

sdfsdf1.tiff

As I noted in my reply to your other post, Dr. J. is using 11.1.4. There were some changes to the function of the Depth setting in this upcoming version (in response to feedback from DR. J as he prepared the podcast). However, I reproduced this search in both the release 11.1.3 and the beta of 11.1.4, and I get the same results as Dr. J in both.

Please email me so we can connect and screenshare to see what is the difference in your results.