Spotlight Search

JayDee

As a german user my main text is the german Lutherbibel-Lemmas (LUTH-LEM) - its listed as first under texts. So i understand that all my Spotlight searches refer to this text. So the most of my "bugs" are because of the use of the german text. (We had these issues with the MAC Version as well a long time ago)

When i lockup "joh 3" the result is: 3Johannes 1:10 .. etc.

"2 joh" results into Johanan (Person), John (Person), John the Baptis (Person) - also good but I would like to have: 2 Johannes 1,1 as the first result - then the topics.

mk 3,1 - results into nothing.

Mark 3:1 - results into 3 Mk 3,1 etc.

I would like to use: "bookname X,X" instead of "bookname X:X". (German verse citation) Also in the search window in the app itself i cannot use "," instead of ":"

booknames: 1 Mose = Genesis, Johannes (Joh)=John, 1 Johannes=1 John.. etc. 

^^ The list should be known as it was a lot of work for the mac version. In the app itself mk instead of mark works. .. maybe its just the search index of spotlight isn't completed yet (unsure.. spotlight search index is kind of a mess - hopefully iOS 10 will clear up some things (like sorting etc).

TY, for 2,3 - iAccordance is getting better and better.

• Like 1

Hey JayDee,

We can't really control the order in which Spotlight displays the search results. However, the issues you're having may be due to your Spotlight indexing being incomplete. You can reset them by going to settings on your device and scrolling down and selecting Accordance. Scroll down until you see a setting called "Reset Spotlight Indexes". Tap the switch to green, close and reopen the app, wait a few minutes, and try Spotlight searching again. Let me know if this takes care of those issues.

Thanks,

Chris

. ^^ The list should be known as it was a lot of work for the mac version. In the app itself mk instead of mark works. .. maybe its just the search index of spotlight isn't completed yet (unsure.. spotlight search index is kind of a mess - hopefully iOS 10 will clear up some things (like sorting etc).

Yea hopefully iOS 10 will. We'll continue to make improvements, where we can, on our end.

Chris

Edited by RockwellC09

As a german user my main text is the german Lutherbibel-Lemmas (LUTH-LEM) - its listed as first under texts. So i understand that all my Spotlight searches refer to this text. So the most of my "bugs" are because of the use of the german text. (We had these issues with the MAC Version as well a long time ago)

When i lockup "joh 3" the result is: 3Johannes 1:10 .. etc.

"2 joh" results into Johanan (Person), John (Person), John the Baptis (Person) - also good but I would like to have: 2 Johannes 1,1 as the first result - then the topics.

mk 3,1 - results into nothing.

Mark 3:1 - results into 3 Mk 3,1 etc.

I would like to use: "bookname X,X" instead of "bookname X:X". (German verse citation) Also in the search window in the app itself i cannot use "," instead of ":"

booknames: 1 Mose = Genesis, Johannes (Joh)=John, 1 Johannes=1 John.. etc. 

^^ The list should be known as it was a lot of work for the mac version. In the app itself mk instead of mark works. .. maybe its just the search index of spotlight isn't completed yet (unsure.. spotlight search index is kind of a mess - hopefully iOS 10 will clear up some things (like sorting etc).

TY, for 2,3 - iAccordance is getting better and better.

A bit similar with http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/17750-european-notation-for-accordance-mobile/?p=86313

So if Accordance support European Notation maybe the spotlight search will find them then too.

Please add this for the next release

Greetings

Fabian

The main issues I do have is in fact that the iOS Version doesn't support European Notation. Its odd to search for verses using : instead of , (LK 1,3 instead of LK 1:3) . Thats a huge game stopper - the verse picker grid etc. helps here a lot, so that you don't have to use the search that often but that cripples the usability for me to have Accordance on my mobile device. 

The other issues with Spotlight is given as mentioned before because of the limits of Spotlight Search in iOS until 9... hopefully they will give it a big update in 10. Ty fer 2.3 and the constant development. Its moving into the right direction. And for US users its good as it is.. 

Hello Chris

Do you know from which iPhone the Spotlight search works? It seems it doesn't work with my 4S. Although in the settings all switch are on. It works for Mail and Notes, but not for Accordance.

Greetings

Fabian

We tried to document the supported devices in the New in Accordance Mobile 2.3 page.

For Spotlight:

*Note: Currently, Spotlight Indexing Support is only available on iPhone 5 or later, iPad 4th generation or later, iPad Mini 2 or later, iPad Pro, and the current generation iPod Touch.

• Like 1

It works for Mail and Notes, but not for Accordance.

Greetings

Fabian

Hey Fabian,

Just as Mike pointed out, certain devices do not support Spotlight Indexing. It can be a bit confusing because the 4s supports Spotlight searching but not indexing, which is the ability to search within third party apps. So searching within Apple apps as you mentioned, Mail and Notes, is supported but not searching in Accordance. Apple tends to limit features, in my opinion, to motivate people to upgrade their devices. Sorry you can't take advantage of this feature.

Chris

• Like 1

Thanks

For you answer. Yes that's very confusing. All Apps are listed but no output.

Greetings

Fabian