Anthony Sepulveda

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted Yesterday, 07:24 AM

Hello,

I'll be attending a course where we would frequently use the COS, as well as this other reference:

DOBBS-ALSOPP, F.W. et al. (eds.), Hebrew Inscriptions (New Haven – London 2005).

The COS is already available as an Accordance module, but I don't think this other one is. However, there is a product called "Inscriptions Hebrew, Index, and DEH". Could this module set be a 'substitute' for this Dobbs-Alsopp volume?

Thanks.

Running Acc 11.1.3 on:     Running Acc 2.2 on:
Windows 10 Home 64-bit     iOS 9.2.1

Ver. 1511 (10586.104)      iPad Mini 3

HP Pavilion g6-2306el

#2 Anthony Sepulveda

Anthony Sepulveda

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted Yesterday, 07:27 AM

And a follow-up question: how would the Hebrew Inscriptions module relate to this new one called "Echoes From the Past"?

Thanks.

Running Acc 11.1.3 on:     Running Acc 2.2 on:
Windows 10 Home 64-bit     iOS 9.2.1

Ver. 1511 (10586.104)      iPad Mini 3

HP Pavilion g6-2306el

#3 Peter Bekins

Peter Bekins

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted Today, 09:15 AM

I doubt it, but you need to ask your professor what you will be doing with the reference works. The Hebrew Inscriptions module is simply a tagged version of the texts themselves and an English translation is available to go with it. Both the Dobbs-Allsopp and Ahituv volumes will give critical discussion of the texts, particularly where scholars are disagreed about the correct reading, what a particular word might mean, etc. In this vein, the Inscriptions module is also not a critical edition and has no apparatus, so you need to keep in mind that other options may be possible if you work from it as your base text.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users