Best Bible Atlas?

kpang808

Right on! I ended up getting both. For the maps and text info!

• 2 years later...

The Holman Bible Atlas is now available for Accordance. Only $14.90 through Monday!

Crossgrade pricing from other Bible software platforms is available for only $5.50!

For more information, please see today’s blog post.
  • Like 1

Wow. Bought this as a cheap bridge to The Sacred Bridge when it is on sale and I can afford it. I've been wanting to get an Atlas but waiting. Fifteen bucks? I'll skip on of my every two weeks pizza-with-my-wife. Oh, and I'll see if she want to buy this too.

Wow. Bought this as a cheap bridge to The Sacred Bridge when it is on sale and I can afford it. I've been wanting to get an Atlas but waiting. Fifteen bucks? I'll skip on of my every two weeks pizza-with-my-wife. Oh, and I'll see if she want to buy this too.

Excellent descision! I think this is still the best atlas out there and am so pleased i finally have it on my ios devices so have an atlas wherever i need it.

I find sacred bridge is more like an encyclopaedia and its harder to find the info on maps but the text is very comprehensive.

Edited by ukfraser

Excellent descision! I think this is still the best atlas out there and am so pleased i finally have it on my ios devices so have an atlas wherever i need it.

I find sacred bridge is more like an encyclopaedia and its harder to find the info on maps but the text is very comprehensive.

So Fraser how would you compare the Homan Bible Atlas to your previous recommendation of the maps in the ESV Study Bible?

So Fraser how would you compare the Homan Bible Atlas to your previous recommendation of the maps in the ESV Study Bible?

Both have their place. Depends if you are after an atlas or study bible.

Holman Bible Atlas. The maps are very clear and comprehensive. Its the book i bought about 10 years ago and my go to. When accordance included the satelite atlas in the graphics package i gave up hope we would ever get it. Major problem with holman is its a general tool so only can be opened on its own on ios.

Esv study bible is a study bible so you get notes as well as maps. It also opens in a second pane on ios with a text so you get the image and notes. The maps are not as clear as holman and not as detailedbut the do scroll with the text. It has been the second best option for me while i didnt have the holman.

I wouldnt be without the esv as its a study bible and i really like study bibles. But i wouldnt be without holman. That has been my go to atlas and now, joy of joys, i have it on ios so i dont have to be at home to look at it and i dont have to scan the maps to include for projection. Holman will be my go to on all platforms now (though i will still use esv study bible).

Plus, the price of holman, to me its a no brainer. Three comparable maps of jacob. The two multicolour is holman, the single multicolour is zondervan and the yellow one is esv/crossways.

post-31185-0-91332100-1536681397_thumb.jpeg

post-31185-0-34946100-1536681408_thumb.jpeg

post-31185-0-34897800-1536681423_thumb.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser