• 329 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x
  • Platforms:iOS

Posted Today, 07:52 AM

Hi alistair
Now called the carta bible atlas an available in accordance

http://www.accordanc...d=C-Bible Atlas

;o)

I still scan my holman bible atlas and edit the scan. ;o)
Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 8 and 1x on iOS 7, occasionally accordance 11x on mountain lion, win 7 and win XP.
Other life enhancing software I use includes forScore with AirTurn page turner, HymnQuest, Lightroom and Sibelius.

#22 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,874 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted Today, 10:51 AM

Accordance has many holman titles and i've always been surprised that this isnt one of them

Holman bible atlas by thomas brisco

http://www.bhpublish...n-bible-atlas-2

I spent ages in foyles in london looking at atlases and bought this one and it has been my go to hard back resource for about 15 years. Whenever i have wanted a map, i have found what i'm looking for. I can understand why it got its award.

Rick, do you know why the holman bible atlas isnt in your catalogue? I think you should consider it. ;o)

I can tell you I would like to see the Holman Atlas in Accordance and have recommended it a number of times. I am not directly involved in licensing and don't know why we don't have it yet. I would especially like to see us have the new edition, which to my knowledge, is not available on any other Bible software platform. 

I would say that the Holman maps are the best looking maps anywhere and excellent for teaching purposes if you're going to drop them in Keynote or PowerPoint. There are a few of them in the HCSB Study Bible, such as this one on "The Migration of Abraham."

Attached File  Migration of Abraham.png   1.24MB   0 downloads

(By the way, I had to scale that map down for it to upload to the forums. The version in Accordance's HCSBSB is even larger).

I also believe the Holman maps would be well-received in Accordance because Lifeway uses these maps across all of their various adult curriculums. I doubt any other set of maps gets as much exposure. Although Lifeway does offer a digital teaching pack now with their various study guides, these only contain one map per quarter. It would be nice to have all the maps at once in Accordance.

So, I'm with you :-)

• Mark Allison and ukfraser like this

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

Gear for Running Accordance:

OS X

2014 Mac Mini - 2.6 Ghz dual core Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, Yosemite/OS X Server

2015 12" MacBook - 1.3 Ghz Core M, 8 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, El Capitan

Windows

2014 15.6" Acer R7-572 - 1.6 Ghz Core i5, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB mSATA, 512 GB SSD, Windows 10

iOS

2015 iPhone 6s Plus, 128 GB, Verizon, iOS 9.x

2015 iPad Pro, 128 GB, Verizon, iOS 9.x

#23 Fabian

Fabian

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted Today, 11:12 AM

It would be also cool if this would be integrated in the Accordance Bible Atlas too.

Greetings

Fabian

Mac Air (13-inch, Mid 2013)

1,3 GHz Intel Core i5

4GB Ram

Next time: I'll buy only one with Retina, and hopefully without a glossy screen. A faster CPU and more RAM.

El Capitan 10.11.3

Accordance 11.1.3 and waiting on 12 cocoa 64 (on iPad Pro with 3D touch)

iPhone 4S

iOS 9.2.1

Accordance Mobile 2.2.2

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

ukfraser