SPECIAL: Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament--75% off!

R. Mansfield

Taking the Bible and Your Teaching & Preaching of It SERIOUSLY: Get the Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament (8 volumes) for 75% off the regular price!

Don't wait--this Publisher's Special Promotion for the ZECNT, at the equivalent of $9.99/volume, is good through midnight EST, February 28.

See Sunday's blog post for more information. 

Screenshots:

ZECNT screenshot.png

ZECNT Screenshot 2.png

ZECNT.png

Rick,

I especially like the purple in a couple of the screenshots :).

Thanks. I've used blue forever and needed a new look :-)

In my research of this commentary set, I notced that the volumes for 1, 2, & 3 John as well as Mark have been released. I realize that Accordance cannot add every commentary in the set individually, but I was wondering when the set might be updated? Also are there plans to offer the OT set?

In my research of this commentary set, I notced that the volumes for 1, 2, & 3 John as well as Mark have been released. I realize that Accordance cannot add every commentary in the set individually, but I was wondering when the set might be updated? Also are there plans to offer the OT set?

We typically like to have series updated when they go on a special sale, but we didn't get enough lead time in this case. That said, I'm not sure when we will update it with these two volumes, but maybe some time this year. As for the OT, there are only 3 (small) volumes available that I could see, so priority-wise, it doesn't rank too high up there in my opinion.

Re: the OT volumes, FWIW, the Jonah volume is (in my opinion) the best commentary ever published on that book--of which there are many! Jonah and Obadiah were released together--as Hearing the Message of Scripture. But then I think the publishers decided that, since the format is more or less identical to ZECNT anyway, they would re-brand it as ZECOT.

They just published Ruth recently, and have a list of projected volumes with authors, but I suspect it will be slow going in releasing the volumes in print. But hopefully not!

• Like 1

The Ruth volume is by Daniel Block, who is my favorite Old Testament commentator. I recommend reading any commentary he's written--just for pleasure!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Heads up! This sale absolutely ends at midnight EST tonight!