Accordance 8 and OSX 10.11

kl5d

Longtime Accordance user here, and I've been pondering upgrading my system from an older MacBook Pro (currently running 10.9) to a newer one that will obviously have the newer OSX 10.11 installed.

Can anyone confirm if the older programs like Accordance 8 can run still fine on 10.11? It runs ok on 10.9 and I wanted to make sure.

Thank you!

I suspect it might work, but I have no solid answer for you other than Accordance 11 is well worth the price of Starter... 

STARTER COLLECTION (ACCORDANCE 11)

I am not even 100% sure if A 10 works perfectly under 10.11.... I do know endless purchases of upgrades is never fun but it is the only way to ensure proper working on the latest OS.

-Dan

The difference between v. 8 and 11 is so drastic that if you use Accordance on any kind of regular basis, you really should consider upgrading (only $59 less any applicable discounts). Our new module releases aren't even compatible with v. 8 (min ver is 9.6). You even get some free content.

In addition, v. 8 is not retina compatible, so Accordance will not look good on any of the new MacBook Pros.

Accordance 8+ runs very well on Mac OS 10.11. As for upgrading, it depends on your use of Accordance. If it's simple stuff, like searches etc, stay where you are. 

I have Version 11+, however my use is no different to what I did with Version 9+.

• Like 1

KL I am happy you got an answer and it is good news for your needs, I would challenge you to download the free trial to see if it might be a good thing for you... You very well might be perfectly happy with only 8 and I am glad to hear it will work for you, but so many cool new features.

-Dan

DOWNLOAD

A FREE TRIAL

Edited by Dan Francis

Even worse than not being able to use any new modules—version 8 users won’t receive any updates to any of their existing modules either. That means that any updates to the morphological tagging of your Greek and Hebrew texts won't be available to you. Neither will any fixes to commentaries, dictionaries, etc. that you are currently using. Version 9.6 is the minimum to get any updates to modules you already own.

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 2