Accordance Crashes!

TCanji

Hi,

In all the years of using and enjoying Accordance, this has NEVER happened - Accordance started crushing!

After each restart of Accordance it'd repeat itself. So I restarted my Mac, oppened Accordance - and as soon as A. opened it immediately collapses again letting me know: "Accordance has unfortunately crushed!"

I'm attaching a crush log as well.

Has anyone else had a sad similar experience lately?

I will greatly appreciate a feedback, especially from Accordance Tech Support.

Would you be so kind and offer some assistance in this matter. Btw, I did update to Security Update 11.1.4

Thank in advance!

post-30502-0-14268000-1456082030_thumb.png

post-30502-0-13884500-1456082043_thumb.png

I also have noticed that prior to version 11 Accordance practically never crashed.

It is my opinion that the development of the Windows version is what has caused the Accordance source code to become corrupted.

I recommend the abandonment of the "beleaguered" Windows platform so that Accordance can be properly developed on its original Mac platform. That should flush all the Windows bugs out of the system.

Edited by Alistair

I have to say that I also have found version 11.1+ more unstable than all previous versions.  There have been more noticeable crashes and buggy behaviour.

All that said, I still believe that Accordance is still the best bible software on the market.  I think its inevitable that as the programmers continue to widen the scope of the programme, that bugs are eventually going to creep in. Even Apple OS has succumbbed to a whole set of frustrating issues. I think the best thing to do is to make sure you properly report the bugs through the proper channels.  Accordance has one the fastest response teams and best customer care that I've come across.

Alistair, I don't think your suggestion would be the right direction.  The windows platform has given many new users the opportunity to have the Accordance experience.  In any case, now that they have developed and marketed their Windows version it would seem very wrong to pull development, now that so many customers have invested in the programme.  This would be a very bad business model.

I have full confidence that Accordance will continue to strive give us the very best (on both platforms).

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn
  • Like 1

Appreciate your replays.

I'll be anticipating some words of wisdom from Tech Support team as well.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Are you using the App Store version or the Accordance download from the website?

If using the App Store version you could just try deleting your entire installation (e.g using Appdelete or similar) and then redownload it.

Otherwise, try deleting Accordance application preference files.

We will certainly look at your crash log, Tomi. Please avail yourself of the Safe Mode Startup in this way:

Please try holding down your option or alt key as you restart Accordance, to open Accordance Safe Mode. In here, you can try removing your startup session to see if this helps correct the issue. There are also several other options to help isolate the cause of the crash, including temporarily disabling your Highlights files or your User Notes.

As for why there are more crashes now, it's really got nothing to do with Windows. We have been working for years to modernize the underlying code which is over 20 years old, so that it will be fully Cocoa. This will help us to catch up with developments in the MacOS and to implement features such as VoiceOver which were working prior to OSX. Major rewrites of code inevitably introduce bugs, but the team fixes reported bugs ASAP, hence the frequent updates. We expect to complete this rewrite in the next few months, and things should settle down after that.

• Like 3