Scared to use your site for orders

jmc1982

How do I request a refund?

So, I just went to order the UBS5 upgrade for the GNT28-T and the site told me that they couldn't see if I owned the GNT28-T. I thought it was included with the Essentials collection, but I figured that there was no way that you wouldn't know what was included in your own bundles so I must be wrong, so I went and purchased it again.

Having now realised that it was just your website playing up and that I do own the resource, I want to cancel the transaction, get a refund on the voucher used, and make another purchase. The transaction is showing as pending but with no option to cancel it, and I can't see a button to request a refund, so presumably I need to wait until someone there is available.

Last time I did that, it was to make a purchase of the main bundle, which took about 7 1/2 hours (!!!) to go through.

I've looked at other bundles where I know I own a substantial number of resources through my essentials bundle (sometimes *every* resource in the bundle in question), but none of them show any kind of discount or warning whatsoever.

I'm now just very wary of using your site and think I want to duck out of using Accordance altogether and get a refund.

Edited by jmc1982

JMC, please don't be scared, but please understand that we are a small company based in Florida, USA. We are 5 hours ahead of you in the UK, so emails and orders will only be handled during your late afternoon and into your night, unless one of us happnes to be overseas. Our office hours are 9 to 6, and someone is available part-time on Saturday.

Your pending order has not been and will not be charged, since you own that module. The order will be voided and the credit restored to your account.

In the case of any mistake we will ALWAYS make things right for the customer, whether by voiding an order, refunding the charge, or adding credit to the account.

You can write to orders at any time to ask a question or request anything. You just need to understand that we are not Amazon. We'll do our best to answer as early as possible during the next business day. Please do email your requests as staff are often too busy to follow every forum post. As a courtesy I will cancel your order for you now so that you can use the credit, but it would have happened later today in any case.

• Like 2

Jmc, im in the uk and have been using their site to order for over 6 years and have had no problems with any of my 32 orders, (hadnt realised how many!), even those that were manually processed.

my library has grown way beyond what i ever thought i would and having used it, would not want to be without accordance (even switching from android to ios so i can have it on my mobile devices). And this forum has proved an invalable asset as well.

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 3

OK, I'll stick with it for now at least. Thanks for cancelling the order and responding.

• Like 1

jmc I also want to add in and say that Accordance's customer service has been fantastic for me. I have never gotten double charged, and I can confidently say they don't want to double charge anyone. Also, next time you can chat during normal hours M-F and let them know your order is pending so they can process it for you. Or I have also emailed the orders email (found on the website) and they've responded after business hours. All in all I have no complaints!

• Like 1

Same here. Great product, great company, great service.

I'm embarrassed to say it, but I recently tried to order something from Accordance that I had already purchased from them earlier. The folks at Accordance spotted my mistake, though, and corrected my bill. I only learned about this because they sent me an explanation about why my bill was lower.

In several other cases over the years, the folks at Accordance have saved me a great deal of money by proactively guiding me ("it's cheaper if you purchase it through this package or upgrade") or intervening ("We've reduced the cost of this package because you purchased one of the items within the 90 day grace period.").

I love dealing with this company!

• Like 3

Another Bible software company hounded me with emails and phone calls once I downloaded the demo of their product.

Then they started to threaten me that I would lose my student discount with them if I didn't order within so many days (though in fact continuing be a student for at least one more year on my current course.) OK, maybe threaten is too strong a word, but you get the idea.

My decision about that program was determined by the following Scripture: "I will accept no bull from your house…" (Ps 50:9 RSV)

The Accordance people have always been better than fair, their customer service is outstanding. You have nothing to fear from dealing with them.

• Like 1

I absolutely concur with Alistair regarding the outstanding customer service. It goes FAR BEYOND the sales department. When it comes to tech support the same level of customer service is evident! Tremendous company, tremendous people, tremendous service!

• Like 1

Along with many of my fellow Accordance users, I have had my share of very pleasant experiences dealing with the people on the Accordance team.  Their customer service is superb!  They have saved me money and have been so gracious in helping me with payment plans!  They strive to make your dreams of purchasing an expensive and valuable resource possible and at a bargain price.  I have never had a problem with the Accordance team or with purchasing and downloading any modules.  I am very happy with the people on the Accordance team, every single one of them!

• Like 1