mistagged Weqatal in BHS-W4

Ben

Is ‏וְשַׂמְתִּיך in Exodus 33:22 also a perfect consecutive (weqatal)?

It is (along with other two in that verse), but the BHS-W4 database currently does not tag weqatal forms as such, only wayyiqtol forms.

So, to find weqatal forms, you'll want to search for (reading right to left):

[verb perfect] [particle conjunction]‏

the BHS-W4 database currently does not tag weqatal forms as such, only wayyiqtol forms.

Hi JP.

There are forms that are tagged (correctly) as perfect consecutive (what I would call weqatal) in the verse, e.g. ‏וְקָרָאתִי

but ‏וְשַׂמְתִּיך is only tagged as perfect, and then the vav conj. comes up separately.

Surely the tagging should go one way or the other?

Hi JP.

There are forms that are tagged (correctly) as perfect consecutive (what I would call weqatal) in the verse, e.g. ‏וְקָרָאתִי

but ‏וְשַׂמְתִּיך is only tagged as perfect, and then the vav conj. comes up separately.

Surely the tagging should go one way or the other?

Oops! I stand corrected--I missed the little "consec(utive)" tag in the other two forms!

I believe we can report the error to the appropriate authorities for correction in a future release.

Oops! I stand corrected--I missed the little "consec(utive)" tag in the other two forms!

I believe we can report the error to the appropriate authorities for correction in a future release.

How do we do that? Email? I've never found an error in Acc before!

Usually I ask you to email possible corrections to me. Then I pass them on to the appropriate persons. In the case of the BHS tagging, the database is maintained by the J. Alan Groves Center for Advanced Biblical Research at Westminster Theological Seminary.

Archived