Accordance Services in Word 2016

JoeyD

Has anyone been able to get the Accordance Services to work with MS Word 2016?

El Capitan 10.11.4

Accordance 11.1.5

Edited by JoeyD

Sorry I can't test... I don't have Word 2016 yet. I thought someone reported they are working?

They work by me. 

Set a space after the verse. Like "Gen 1,1 " for insert verses. post-32723-0-93947700-1459666168_thumb.png

And all the other works too.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

If I recall, the official Accordance Services strip trailing whitespace, so curious that makes a difference.

Thanks for reporting that they work, though.

The standard behavior in Word is, that it highlighted the paragraph mark too (see pic). That differs from other Text Apps. And then the services has problems. With a white space, you can ship around this stone.

Strange now it was short working without the space. And now it won't work anymore in both cases.

I have created shortcut key to the services but I found out I have first use the cursor to go though the runtime and then the shortcut key works for the insert options.

The insert options has also a real long time lag. Which the "Get Verses" didn't have.

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Has anybody figured out how to import verses into Microsoft Word 2016 using the "Insert Verses" service?

The problem is the trailing space that Word adds when selecting the reference.  If you are able to select the reference without the trailing space and then manually go to services and execute the "Insert Verse" service, all is well.  But I want to set up a shortcut key to do this and it always includes the trailing space in the selection, rendering the service useless.  This is not how it used to work in MS Word 2011.  Can anybody help with this.  (I did figure out a complicated way to do this using Keyboard Maestro to select only the reference (without the trailing space) but this often gets messed up in the customized MS Word template i am using.

Without this working again, I will need to switch back to Logos, which I really do not want to do.  But as it is, Accordance without this basic functionality, becomes useless for my needs.

Any help would be appreciated.

The Insert Verses Service does strip trailing spaces and paragraph marks. Play with it in something like TextEdit and you can see that.

So, I'm curious what's going on with Word2016. I can't test since I don't have Word2016.

What do you mean when you say instead of manually selecting the reference and then initiating the Service, that you are setting up a shortcut key to do all this quickly?

Because that is what's causing your problem. What is this "shortcut" you're talking about? And I'm betting it's not a trailing space but some other issue, because the service doe not choke on a trailing space.

Do you mean that you're setting up a VBA macro in Word to do the selection and then call the Service? A Keyboard Maestro macro?

Having said all that, I can think of a half dozen simple solutions, but the one I'd suggest would depend on what your workflow is.

Edited by Joe Weaks