Title (and possibly linkage) of "My Notes" is not what I want

navengler

I'm a long-time Accordance user, but this is the first time I've ever decided to use the "my notes" feature. I'm writing several of the Psalms in the first person from God's perspective and thought it would be nice to have that linked to the Psalms like a commentary would be. I've attached a screen shot of my notes from Psalm 34. What I don't understand is that at the top on the title bar, it says "My Notes" Gen. 1:1 (ESVS) My question is, how do I change this to reflect the actual reference that I'm tying it to? I'm sure it's just something that I don't understand. Any help would be appreciated.

post-33809-0-92757500-1460302380_thumb.png

Edited by navengler

Hey nav, if you are trying to tie your notes to a particular verse like Psalms: you just go there in any translation you prefer (ESV, NIV, NASB, etc) then when in that translation move your cursor to the right of the verse reference. After you should see a pencil like icon that you will click on which will add a note to that particular verse. When you do it that way, the note will be available through any translation you use. I hope that makes sense.

Also, when you're in your notes with the pop up window (like the screenshot you provided) you can go to the next verse by clicking on the "Add" button on the bottom left of that window. For example, you are adding a note for Psalm 1:1 and lets say you finish that note and want to add one for verse 2 or 3. You wouldn't have to leave that window you can hit the add button down to move further in the passage or hit up to go above the reference you are working on.

Hey, I also attached how to name your own file if you don't like "My Notes". Just be aware/remember what you save in what note file, since you will have more than one. So you click on "User Notes" on the toolbar first to start.

post-33699-0-92395800-1460310773_thumb.png

post-33699-0-55078100-1460310784_thumb.png

post-33699-0-93166200-1460310868_thumb.png

No problem, I attached some thumbnails or screenshots to show you how to make a new name for your notes file if you choose to do so.

• Like 1