Confusing displaying of discounts

iaccordance

Hi, I extracted these bits from another post because it seems to me being a topic on its own.

I'm a newcomer to Accordance and found the way discounted prices are displayed are confusing for the non-initiated.

F.ex. on the blog page concerning Kittel's TDNT, the comparison is clear : we're dealing with a discounted digital book showing Accordance's regular and discounted price :

Theological Dictionary of NT, Complete (Big Kittel--10 vols.)

Regular Price $249
Sale Price $149

But when I click on its details' page the comparison and its discounted percentage are actually comparing Accordance's digital version with the original paperback version, without very clearly stating so, giving the impression to the customer that he's making huge savings on the regular Accordance's digitals versions :

$700.00    On Sale: $149.00 (Save $551.00 or 78.71%)

The more "transparent" comparison would be to display the percentage of the discount between Accordance's digital versions only, while the paperback publisher's price might also be displayed, but clearly stated as such...

Sorry that you find this confusing. It would be hard to change the way we are set up to display just two prices. This is why we always list the regular price in the notes just below, whenever it does differ from our "list price" and the item is on sale. The list price is not necessarily the print price, many factors enter into its determination.