jumping a map up to full screen?

Ιακοβ

My laptop has a tiny screen, so when I want to quickly open a map its quite frustrating to scroll around, or to have to re-jig my workspace and un-re-jig it again. Is there a shortcut or some other means to quickly open the map page to full screen without having to muck around with your workspace? i.e. It often looks like this:

post-33292-0-76746200-1461284598_thumb.png

You can maximise the zone. The icon to do it is only visible when you move your mouse into the blue gray area between the top of the tabs and border of the zone. Or Opt-Cmd-M.

http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/OSX11/Default.htm#topics/10_ref/kb/navigating_wrkspcs_zones_tabs_panes.htm?Highlight=zone

Thx

D

Hi Daniel, this is only true if the map is in it’s own zone. The way Jacob has it as a tab, I don’t think you can maximise it.

Jacob, if you put the map in it’s own zone (which means you can’t hide it as easily of course) then you can use the maximise option which is very cool

post-29509-0-65762600-1461287193_thumb.jpg post-29509-0-75236400-1461287204_thumb.jpg post-29509-0-64021000-1461287217_thumb.jpg

Hey Ken,

I tried it from a multi-tab zone before I posted. Seemed to work fine.

Thx

D

Hmmm....not for me... in fact the little widget doesn’t appear. and the shortcut doesn’t work.

I’ll restart and have a look.

Nope - still the same.

EDIT:

I worked out my problem. I needed another zone open, then it could be mazimised. Obviously there’s no point in being able to maximise a zone that isn’t compromised... Sorry for that,

Edited by Ken Simpson

I just spent 15 minutes trying to get that shortcut for M or to get that icon to appear, I can't get it to work at all. I need to find out what these special zone things are.

Hi Jacob, when you have zones (just like your attachment has) just put your mouse up over the top part of the zone window (it is coloured blue in most cases). Once the pointer is up in the area, the widgets appear.

• Like 1

Hi Jacob, when you have zones (just like your attachment has) just put your mouse up over the top part of the zone window (it is coloured blue in most cases). Once the pointer is up in the area, the widgets appear.

That button that zooms things when you mouse over the blue area.... it doesn't appear for me unless I drag the map tab out so that its part of a separate set of tabs. Certainly not a huge big deal, but no where near as convenient than if there was a shortcut..

Interestingly, once I split things out into two sets of tabs, both the left set of tabs, and the right set of tabs now have that mouseover zoom button thing.

I think you mean a zone when you say set of tabs. And yes you'll need than one zone for magnifying a zone to be possible. See this bit of the help for more on the basic UI terminology for Acc. http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/OSX11/Default.htm#topics/03_ai/workspaces_zones_tabs_panes.htm%3FTocPath%3DThe%2520Accordance%2520Interface%7CWorkspaces%252C%2520Zones%252C%2520and%2520Tabs%7C_____1

As I said in an earlier post Opt-Cmd-M should get you the zone magnify toggle that you want. So long of course that no other app has snagged it. One slight peculiarity is that if you have just one regular tab zone and the library, you cannot magnify. But if you have the library and two zones the magnify covers the space occupied by the library.

Thx

D

Edited by Daniel Semler