Share your best workflow/hidden gem

mortenjensen

Hi all,

Inspired by two ideas/suggestions in recent threads here at the forums, I would like to invite all to share your best workflow or best "hidden gem" of Accordance. I am surprised by how many small gems there are in Accordance that would ease one's workflow, if you only knew about them.

Here are the suggestions from recent threads:

1: Make a refined Research-workflow by setting up a Workspace with the exact ressources, you want to research (e.g.: Hebrew/Greek dictionaries og best English lexicons). From the contextual menu, choose My workspaces and then just click. Suggested by Mark Allison here: http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/18420-amplifying-a-hebrew-word-to-find-definitions-root-words/.

2: Use "Save Session" to save multiple workspaces on a given topic, research topic, sermon or whatever that you want to get back to. Suggested by Mark Allison and Abram K-J here: http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/18393-how-to-save-overedit-an-existing-workspace/?hl=%26quot%3Bsave+session&do=findComment&comment=89410.

3: If I should add my own best workflow so far, it has been to memorize enough shortcuts to go as mouse independent as possible:

- tab: go to command line.

- cmd-alt + 8: toggle zones.

- cmd-alt + arrows: cycle through search hits (e.g. when amplifying to dictionaries).

- ctrl + +/-: cycle through dictionaries.

- cmd-alt + m: maginify for reading.

- alt-click Table of Contents: open a the exact spot.

- cmd-click in Info pane: opens the ressource in the same pane. 

Please add the ones you find important not on the list ...

Morten

I even think they had this as a blog series at some point.

Not my best or favorite, but my latest gem is getting text from the command line. Useful for approximately 4 Accordance users in total, I suspect.

• Like 2