Viewing older Podcasts on Windows 7 PC without quicktime

msfrans

I was trying to watch a few of the older podcasts 21, & 23 but was unable to, as I no longer have Quicktime 7 on my PC.

Very recently Apple announced it was not supporting Quicktime 7 (windows 7), version. Because of the lack of support it was recommended that Quicktime 7 be removed from PC's since WMP supported almost all apple formats. 

Well it appears that your Podcasts 60 and below do not play in windows but require Quicktime, podcasts 61 and up play OK in a vimeo window.

Is there any solution other than reinstalling an unsupported QT7.

It's a very unfortunate situation. I'm sure that more than Accordance will be left in the lurch by Apple's decision not to update Quicktime on Windows. Some of the older videos are on our Vimeo and YouTube channels, but not all. Fortunately, Tim is revisiting some of the subjects in the older Lighting the Lamp installments, so I believe the oldest videos won't be missed in the long run.

VLC Player will play just about anything.

I tried 21 (m4v) and 79 (mov) on WMP and "Movies and TV" on Win 10. Both played them fine. As Win 7 is now desupported except for a few remaining special cases and is also a free upgrade, unless you have some other reason not to upgrade, Win 10 is also a possible solution.

Also I have read that mov is a super set of mp4, though I don't know the details. As a consequence it is sometimes possible to simply rename the file changing the extension to .mp4 and it will play. It would be a simple change to try. See : http://www.wikihow.com/Convert-a-MOV-File-to-an-MP4

Thx

D

I was able to right-click and save the target as, and replay the podcast. in the WMP.  The only problem is viewing the older podcasts online.

Thank you everyone.

Edited by msfrans

• 3 weeks later...

We are in the process of replacing the oldest podcasts, so we hope this issue will disappear over time.

While fine for their day, we have much better tools available now, like recording and broadcasting in full HD (1080p)! The newest podcasts can also take advantage of the improved Accordance interface, new features, and additional resources.

• Like 1