Keener's IVP Bible Background NT 2nd ed.

TheBard

I'm quite surprised to see that Craig Keener's IVP Bible Background commentary: New Testament 2nd edition is not on Accordance yet. The first edition is in Accordance, but this second edition came out over two years ago. My 1st edition paper copy says on the cover "Over a quarter million copies sold". And with good reason! When discussing building a study library or teaching about interpreting the bible to a group this is the one book I tell people to get after a Bible. It's simply that good and helpful. It is the perfect blend of excellent scholarship and helpful presentation of content for laypersons to benefit from. Why is not such a popular and tremendously helpful book on Accordance yet?

Also, this needs to be a separate module in Accordance, or at the very least sold with the OT Background commentary (not quite as good as Keeners though). Currently you have to buy the IVP3 package, which contains many resources I don't need. (I do have all NT IVP black dictionaries in paper copies and they are very good, but haven't found myself using them but maybe once a year).

• Like 1

It is in queue for development; no word on a release date just yet. While we try to keep up with the latest popular releases, we have to balance that with our other priorities, and a relatively small (yet highly dedicated) team of developers.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

It is in queue for development; no word on a release date just yet. While we try to keep up with the latest popular releases, we have to balance that with our other priorities, and a relatively small (yet highly dedicated) team of developers.

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for your response. I figured it would come out eventually. Do you happen to know if this will be offered as a stand alone module?

It will, as we did with Jesus & the Gospels, second ed.

• 1 month later...

Looks like the Keener NT has recently been made to a stand alone module, very cool! Any update on when the 2nd edition will come out? Really excited for this to finally come!