Copy to MS Word Formatted

KevinPurcell

I'm still trying to make the switch from Logos. Lots of great features, but one I miss and wondered if it's there and I just don't see it.

In Logos I could open a box and type a reference and copy it into Word as text with a specific document style applied automatically. This was a huge time saver, especially for topical studies with a lot different verses. Is that possible in Accordance. If you're familiar with Logos I'm talking about the Copy Bible Verses tool that lest you edit how the text gets copied into Word.

Hello Kevin

The feature you want calls "Get Verses". http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/OSX11/Default.htm#topics/04_gswa/insert_verses.htm#kanchor261

Press alt+cmd+A in Word and then allow it on the system. 

Another user of this forum, says after the same question you have. Much better than in L. Sorry I didn't find the post right now.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

I'm still trying to make the switch from Logos. Lots of great features, but one I miss and wondered if it's there and I just don't see it.

In Logos I could open a box and type a reference and copy it into Word as text with a specific document style applied automatically. This was a huge time saver, especially for topical studies with a lot different verses. Is that possible in Accordance. If you're familiar with Logos I'm talking about the Copy Bible Verses tool that lest you edit how the text gets copied into Word.

Hi Kevin, this is one area that Accordance is lacking in. You can set preferences in "copy as citation", but you don't have nearly as many options as in Logos. Also, it will not "automatically" copy it to MS Word. You must use "copy as citation "(command-control), and then paste it into Word. With a little practice, I'm sure you will come to really appreciate Accordance.

Edited by Randy Cue

Hey Randy. It does work in LibreOffice. I have LibreOffice open and hit alt-cmd-A and a dialog pops-up; one option is citation format. Select the source text and enter the verse ref and it can paste it straight in for me. Does it not work for Word for some reason ?

Thx

D

Kevin, dont forget there are settings within word that determine how it formats text that is pasted. You may want to check those are set how you want them.

Hey Randy. It does work in LibreOffice. I have LibreOffice open and hit alt-cmd-A and a dialog pops-up; one option is citation format. Select the source text and enter the verse ref and it can paste it straight in for me. Does it not work for Word for some reason ?

Thx

D

Hey Daniel. It does work in Word. I was trying to address Kevin's concern with different formatting options and just skipped over what you mentioned. Thanks for pointing that out. I thought Kevin was talking about highlighting text in Accordance and copying it to Word from Accordance as is possible with Logos.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses. The CMD+OPT+A does enough for my uses. I can apply my style. It was nice to have the whole thing automated, but this only adds one step to my workflow with Logos.