NA28 Appendix III--Loci Citati vel Allegati?

Abram K-J

The NA28 in Accordance does not appear to include Appendix III—Loci Citati vel Allegati. Will it be added in the future, or was there a specific reason for its not being included?

What I'm trying to do is what I would hope Accordance could do that a print edition can't (since the Appendix is organized by OT order): find out via search what OT passages are at play for a given book of the Bible (in this case, Ephesians), specifically utilizing that list.

I don't have NA27 in Accordance, so don't know if Loci Citati vel Allegati was included there.

I know there's a separate NA28 Cross-References module, but I'm trying to access what's in that third Appendix specifically, and not sure it overlaps with the Cross-References?

The NA28 in Accordance does not appear to include Appendix III—Loci Citati vel Allegati. Will it be added in the future, or was there a specific reason for its not being included?

What I'm trying to do is what I would hope Accordance could do that a print edition can't (since the Appendix is organized by OT order): find out via search what OT passages are at play for a given book of the Bible (in this case, Ephesians), specifically utilizing that list.

I don't have NA27 in Accordance, so don't know if Loci Citati vel Allegati was included there.

I know there's a separate NA28 Cross-References module, but I'm trying to access what's in that third Appendix specifically, and not sure it overlaps with the Cross-References?

The files for Appendix III were not provided to us. But, my understanding is that this is a reproduction of what is already include in 'Notes in the Outer Margin' (aka NA28 Crossrefs in Accordance). Note:

This appendix lists quotations from and allusions to the Old Testament, the Apocrypha, and non-Christian Greek writers. The references found in the outer margin of the present edition are also included here. Direct quotations are represented by italics, and allusions by normal type.

Here's an example search I ran to try and accomplish what you're after: Select range as Ephesians from TOC/Browser, then run a search in Scripture for Gen-Mal (or any combination you want).

post-5629-0-74347100-1463775731_thumb.png

The one thing that would be nice is if you could isolate italics (direct quotations), but that's not possible in a search. 

• Like 1

Thanks, Rick, that's a good workaround.

I read "The references found in the outer margin of the present edition are also included here" a little differently, as in--outer margin references are included here, but there are others, too. I don't have the print copy in front of me now, but I remember seeing one instance this morning that was in the Appendix III in print that was not listed in the Cross-References in Accordance. I'll look again when I can. Obviously trying to visually search Appendix III in print is laborious, and I wish they'd sorted it by OT order *and* NT order.

Is that Appendix in the NA27 in Accordance? 

Is that Appendix in the NA27 in Accordance? 

No. Only the list of manuscripts is included. We got everything we could for the NA28, and it's more than any other digital edition includes.

Thanks for the clarification.