Kill the Pinstripes!

Robb B

This is a really minor thing, but one thing I'd like to see updated in Accordance is the basic look of the interface. The pinstripes are gone in OS X now, and with 10.5 almost upon us (two more weeks to go, which reminds me, there was a little type-o on the Apple website today giving away the release date of Leopard), it would be nice to see the look of Accordance match the gray look of other Mac apps. Like I said, really minor, but a little cosmetic update would be visually appealing.

I agree. Im kinda picky about an interfaces look. On windows vista I dont like apps that look like windows 98 apps and the same goes for mac platform. Its nice to have an interface that coincides with the look of the rest of the OS.

As long as it's not brushed metal. I don't know why, but the brushed metal look has annoyed me like nothing else.

I forget what the third look is called. Is it platinum or something like that?

One more thing. I noticed that in the iLife '08 and iWork '08 apps the "platinum" look is used. And in iTunes '08 it's a darker version of the same.

But oddly enough, and with the exception of iTunes, when these apps are in the background, they resort to pinstripes.

I see that in iWork '08, but it doesn't look like the pinstripes are used at all in iLife '08. I wonder how Leopard will impact the look of iWork, if at all.

Actually, there are no pinstripes in Accordance running in Leopard.

One more good reason to be an intrepid early adopter!

Actually, there are no pinstripes in Accordance running in Leopard.

Really? If its the same accordance application what makes the pinstripes not be there when running in leopard? Im just curious how this works.

I'm no programmer, but basically where we can use standard Apple routines, they get updated automatically with system updates. Our problem is that so often we are creating special routines to get the look and function that we want.

• 1 month later...

I've been wasting time, and here's how I think Accordance would look if it were "leopardised" (see attachment)...

post-63-1196302552_thumb.png

Now I'd better go and do something useful!

• 1 month later...

It does look a lot like that; I don't like the buttons you added for verse, chapter, book, though. I like the icon alone as it currently is. I do like the way you show a clear distinction between the pane you are working in and the pane you are not working in. Real tabs would look nice, but the split single tab has actual utility.

Archived