Note markers for words in a verse

Anthony Sepulveda

Hello,

If it's not too difficult to implement, I would like to suggest allowing the user to place a 'note marker' on specific words in the same verse (instead of just seeing a notepad symbol at the margin). This is useful especially for long verses (or lots of text in the note to a verse). At times I'm not making notes about the entire verse, but about a specific word; so maybe instead of having to look for the word in a long verse (or the notes specific to a word within a longer note to the verse), I just point the mouse to the marker near that word I commented, and the program would point to the section of the notes where I specifically commented on that word (regarding syntactical/morphological issues, cross-references, intertextuality, longer notes on etymology/use, etc.).

This would be especially useful for tackling and studying original language texts. If there are some words that really call attention, then I think it would be worth dedicating an easy-to-access area to the specific user notes on those words.

The structure of the notes could allow something like:

Verse_X:

[general comments on Verse_X]

Word_A:

[specific comments on Word_A]

Word_B:

[specific comments on Word_B]

Verse_Y:

(etc.)...

The fundamental problem is that notes are verse specific (and thus common to all texts), while you want word specific notes that would be specific to a text.  One solution you have is to highlight the word or location in a verse with a Highlight Symbol, then refer to that symbol in the note for that verse.

I too would like to see this capability.

It would also be useful for quick reference. If it were a part of the user note that can be specifically accessible, then I could directly consult the notes I had on a specific word through Instant Details or click-and-hold, instead of having to read through the rest of the verse notes looking for this information.