Content update problem

Randy Steffens Jr

The issue below occurs with 11.1.6 and 11.2. It originally started with 10.4.5, which is why I decided to upgrade to v 11. I'm using an 11" MacBook Air 2014, and the latest version of ElCapitan.

Now the problem: I was able to download about 20 module updates in version 10.4.5, but upon attempting to install them, the system would immediately crash. So I upgraded to 11.2, and once again, the download worked, but when installing, the system immediately crashed. The problem is that now when I run "Check for Updates” it doesn’t detect any free module updates, regardless of whether I'm in 11.1.6, 11.2.1 beta, or 11.2. The system seems to think they’ve been installed. But I never saw the usual installation progress window, etc, and I have no reason to believe they ever were indeed installed. Any pointers would be a blessing!

Thanks,

Randy

Edited by Randy Steffens Jr

If you can remember a few of the modules that were updated, I could check the current version numbers for you and you can compare those numbers to what you have in your Library.

Thanks Julie!

That would be great. I remember for sure it downloaded Bible Lands Photo Guide 3.  What is the current version # for that?

Thanks!

Randy

PG3 is at 3.8; PG4 is at 2.1.

Well isn't that interesting, I've got the most up to date version! Apparently the install happened dispite the absence of installation indicators. Thanks for your help in this!

Randy

• Like 1

Sorry for the hassle but I'm glad you are in good shape!