a verse chooser in desktop Accordance, like Bibleworks (sorry!)

jasethebass

Dear All, 

Forgive the new user question, but I seem to be missing something, or just not used to a different way of working. 

In Bibleworks I used to move my mouse to the top, select my book, my chapter and verse mouse-wise. Or I could scroll through entire books by the subject headings "Jesus heals the centurion's servant" "Collected teachings" and other such less useful headings. 

In Accordance, I seem to be missing this really easy verse chooser. It's there on my iphone version, but not on the desktop version. I take it I'm not missing something, so the question I have is- why is it missing, and how can I fix it? Just a table of contents on the Bible would be awesome- only because that's the way I used to work. 

Any help for a recent and relatively happy switcher? 

Jason 

Hi jason

Welcome

There is an outlines module for headings ( they are not included in the specific text, but will therefore work with any translation, search forum for discussion on that)

There is a book selection at the bottom of the text window. (Sorry, not on mac at monent so cant include screen shot but others will, but its similar to the iphone one)

Can i suggest you check out dr j's podcasts under support as those will really get you up to speed on the switch for the basics and then show you just so many tricks to make you life easier.

;o)

Edited by ukfraser

Welcome Jason!

I find the really useful tool I should use more often is the Info Pane. You may add the Info Pane to the open search tab by selecting Info Pane (topmost choice) from the Add Parallel button at the right side of the pane bar. You may jump to a Bible Book using the selection tool on the bottom right of the Navigation bar. These two actions will display the search pane set to verse 1 of the book selected. At the top of the Info Pane you will notice a title in italics that indicates the name of the section displayed in the search pane as found in Outline of Bible Books developed by Accordance. Now you may mouse over this title in the Info Pane and click on that title to open up the Outline of Bible Books in another pane of the search tab. This outline is very nice and should address one of the areas about which you asked. The nice thing is the ability to use the Outline pane to navigate, then close it to allow more space to other panes, but quickly bring it up with a click of the section outline title in the Info Pane.

Your question has encouraged me to add this setup as another workspace which I will name Outline_Navigation.

Be patient, experiment, and ask questions! Your efforts will be rewarded.

Shalom

• Like 1

To navigate via the outline, just scroll through the outline. Clicking on a hyperlink will open up another zone with a new text and outline which is not what you were trying to do.

Have fun!

Edited by Solly
  • Like 1

To navigate via the outline, just scroll through the outline. Clicking on a hyperlink will open up another zone with a new text and outline which is not what you were trying to do.

Have fun!

thank you, that is very helpful. Not all that I am missing, but it is rather nice. Also love the way accordance brings up the relevant text in the instant details panel.