Right-click, look up, HALOT

dschmers

I have just updated to 11.2.1.0 using Windows (Dell laptop and desktop).

I work in a library, and to help folks who find triple-clicking a challenge, I usually tell them to right click on a word, choose "Look Up" and "Dictionary."  This works well, but since updating I have run into an issue when using this procedure for "complex" words in the BHS (tagged) Hebrew text.  For example, when I tried to look up   וְאַחֲרִיתְכֶ֖ן (Amos 4:2) in HALOT (set as my default lexicon for Hebrew texts) by right clicking and selecting Look up-Dictionary the screen "blinks" and then does nothing.  I was able to get to the right entry in HALOT by triple-clicking, and using the Amplify function.  I was also able to use the right click - look up - dictionary with "simple" words (words that only have an article, like הַדָּבָ֣ר  and with a Greek text (to see the entry in BDAG).  It also works with English words.  Could there be some sort of "pop-up" that would let me select the lexical form I want that is being blocked?  I have tried this on multiple machines (we have a site license with five seats), with the same results.  User error is certainly not out of the question :).  Thanks!

Yes, something changed in the way that Accordance selects the Hebrew word and then attempts to search for it in the tool as a phrase instead of alternate words separated by commas.

We will look into it ASAP. I cannot imagine why people have difficulty with triple-click, but I also cannot think of a workaround in the meantime.