How to install your Accordance in another computer that has Accordance?

Enoch

Suppose an Accordance owner dies & out of the estate sale you buy his computer, which happens to have the defunct guy's Accordance in it, & you want to remove that Accordance & download your own, how would you do it?

(compare the question in the synoptics:  Mat. 22:25 Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first married and deceased, and having no seed left his wife unto his brother; . . ./ / Mk 12:20ff; Lk 20:29ff)

Wouldn't you just uninstall and then reinstall the program? Then login to your own account?

Ive been thinking about this because if they were paper commentaries my daughter could decide if she wants them or not and for etexts, she may want some of mine.

Do you want to delete/uninstall the previous person's or are there some resources you havent got and want and do you want to get the licence for the text transferred to you?

Im hoping someone from accordance will chip in but i think somewhere i read about a cost for transferring etext licenses and not sure if this is on an individual item or a complete users set.

Accordance or not, if you get someone else's computer, I'd strongly recommend reformatting the hard drive with the most thorough method available. Why inherit someone else's computer problems?

Totally agree rick but what about transferring licence for etext? Hopefully my daughter wont have to think about it for a few years yet but there are some good resources that would help her in years to come.

It looks like a single payment and then up to her to not to install what she doesnt want but she wont get my say so unless there is some way i can register it.

Edited by ukfraser

Licenses can be transferred, but buying an old computer and discovering Accordance on it doesn't count as a transfer.

This is a tricky one. If a user dies he/she/the estate can transfer the Accordance license for the stated single fee of $25. It normally has to be the owner who initiates this. If you bought the computer second-hand you need to contact the owner or the estate to find out whether Accordance was in fact installed on multiple devices that have been sold to different people (not legal for them to keep it), or whether the license was transferred to someone else. If we can be reasonably sure that you (or your daughter) has acquired the only extant copy of that license, we would be willing to license it to you, but proving that could be difficult.

• Like 1

Thanks helen. In my case, there would be no buying/selling of computers.

I'm trying to get my estate in order and currently, i would just want all my accordance material to pass to my daughter as she would automatically get my iPad or whatever when the time is right (and probably mbp but who knows what is around the corner).

Edited by ukfraser