Text not displaying correctly in resized instant details box

R. Mansfield

I've been rethinking the way I move the various elements of Accordance around on my screen (and I'm grateful for even being ABLE to do this).

Over the past few months I've kept the resource pallet at the top like a toolbar. I also started keeping the text pallet open to the right of it because I had enough room with the width of my screen. But I'm often in the position of wishing I had more vertical space for the main search window, especially when dealing with the Atlas or other graphical elements in Accordance.

Tonight I had the idea of moving the instant details box to the right of the search window since it can be resized. At first this seemed like a good solution, but then I noticed text being cut off when I run the mouse over certain (but not all) words. Thus, the instant details box is not very usable for me on the side, but I'd like it to be. Please see an example of this below.

http://homepage.mac.com/rmansfield/assets/misc/palside.png

I really like the resource pallet horizontal, even on my 20-inch screen. I am usually putting a number of things side-by-side across the screen, so to have all the space for documents, workspaces, and everything else is really nice. Plus, I really like the feel of the resource lists dropping down in horizontal mode. Great idea to give this option, whoever came up with this one.

I would like to see a "small icons" option on the icons for the resource palette. I like the horizontal view, just wish the respective icons were available in a smaller size. I believe Mail has an option like this to give one an idea of what I am looking for. Thanks.

How do you get the resource pallete on top, and can it be done with Tiger?

Thank you,

Kevin.

Kevin,

In Accordance preferences, select Appearance, and you can set the layout of the resource pallet. It can be done in Tiger. I attached a screenshot.

http://www.cbcwichita.org/images/picture.png

By the way, the attachment space is full, Helen.

That means you have too many attachments, Robb. You can go in and delete your old ones, in My Assistant.

Robb,

Thank you for your help. Actually, I knew how to display the Resource Palette in horizontal form but I didn't know how to get it to the top. So my next question was going to be, 'How do I do that'? and then I suddenly figured it out! So, thank you again.

Kevin.

Archived