Opt-Shift number is no longer working

prmills

Since receiving the latest update (11.2.1), the Opt-Shift 0-9 is no longer functioning. I use this all the time to search on KJV but show the results in a different translation.

Better with 11.2.2, however there are still problems. Opt-Shift 2 and opt-shift 6 do not work.

Hi,

You caught my interest: What exactly does opt-shift 0-9 do? When try this, nothing happens.

Morten

Hi prmills, I think you may be missing ctrl-<num> rather than opt-<num>

ctrl-<num> changes the displayed pane (so does ctrl-shft-<num>. A fairly thorough read of the keyboard shortcut section of the help files doesn’t show me anything either. Cheatsheet likewise doesn’t help.

I don’t ever remember opt-shft-<num> working for anything in mac, except for typing unusual characters.

Sorry if I am misunderstanding you, or forgetting something about Accordance I should remember!

Ken,

ctrl-<num> changes the Bible that is being searched. You'll see the version in the left upper corner.

http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/uploads/post-1864-0-77577300-1467536695_thumb.png

ctrl-shft-<num> changes the version being read in the pane. See the second attachment.

http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/uploads/post-1864-0-72232500-1467536721_thumb.png

This makes it possible to search in KJV while you are studying a different version such as NIV illustrated above. It is very important for some of us who grew up knowing one version well, but now using another version in teaching or preaching.

Phil

post-1864-0-77577300-1467536695_thumb.png

post-1864-0-72232500-1467536721_thumb.png

• Like 1

True, but the original post said *Opt*-shift-<num>. Ctrl-shift-<-num> I'll have to check later. :-)

Should have said, ctrl-shift-2 and ctrl-shift-6. Didn't notice the error. Good pick up.

Are ctrl-shift-2 and ctrl-shift-6 working for you?

CTRL-SHFT-2 and CTRL-SHFT-6 don’t change the display text for me either. Certainly looks like an “unintended feature” to me.

Edited by Ken Simpson

I can confirm that ctrl-0/9 and ctrl-shift-0/9 work as described in 11.6. Handy shortcut!

Morten

Morton,

Is this true of ctrl-shift-2 and ctrl-shift-6? These are not working for Ken or myself.