Unable to sync user bible text to iPad, getting error

selvam

i got this error when i try to sync my own language bible text which i imported in unicode text files into accordance.

but when i try to read it in iPad the sync always getting below error for just this bible book, all others are synched well.

Please help me to my bible text synched as well. thanks

This is the error always (There was an error while Accordance tried to encode data to send to the connected device.)

i also attached two snaps for your refrences. 

bible name.tiff

error.tiff

Hi selvam,

I wonder if Accordance is having a problem with the characters in the name of the user module.

Could you zip and email me the user bible to test? I will PM my email address to you.

Mike

Hi mike,

Thanks for the concern, but i made it work on iPad, by removing the title phrases for PSALMs which i included into with verse number (zero).

After removed all verse 0 from psalms it now synched well and able to read it on iPad. 

thanks anyway .. have a good one.

• 5 months later...

I am having a similar issue as that stated above. This morning, after completing another chapter in a User Bible, I imported it into Accordance. That part appeared to go smoothly, except the final portion of the translation did not appear. I then duplicated the text file and imported that file as a new user Bible. This time it included the new material; however, when I went to sync it with my iPad, it could not do so despite multiple attempts. I noticed that it did not even recognize the size of the file, though it was in the system, labeling it "Unknown." It then recommended that I contact tech support.

I have synced this same file numerous times without previous problem. I have been using the User Bible function from the beginning. (I requested it before it even came out.) I have also had an iPhone from the beginning and an iPad. I have not changed my workflows. I have been guilty of accidentally introducing characters into the plain text that kept it from syncing with Accordance before, but that problem was pretty transparent once we dove into the text itself. However, the text seems perfectly acceptable to the standard version of Accordance.

I can use the text on my laptop just fine; therefore, I fail to see what I possibly could have done to keep it from syncing. The previous data on the file was 3.1, so the size should not have been a problem either. What other issues could create a problem encoding data?

I did notice something that perhaps might help somewhat. My file name in Accordance is followed by a superscript degree notation. This could create a problem with the syncing if that symbol is not recognized for syncing titles. However, I do not know why it appears in Accordance since it is not part of the original file name.

Can you help me out?

When you say "fails to sync" what actually happens?  jDoes the mobile app crash?  Does the desktop app crash?  Done it show up in the list of text modules available to sync?  In that list, does it have the "degree" superscript symbol also?  Does it show up in the sync progress window?  More details would be helpful.

Edited by Scott Knapp

I receive the attached error message saying that it failed to encode data. The app does not crash on either the Mac or iPad. It does show up in the list of text modules available to sync but it lists its size as Unknown. Yes, it does have the "degree" superscript symbol in that list. It was preventing a sync of the other modules, but after I updated them separately, I then just tried to sync the User Bible file. Either way, I received the same error message. I have not tried to sync it in a while, so I do not know if this is related to the upgrade to Accordance 12 or not.

I introduced paragraph markings into my translation several weeks ago. The timing might match up. Could that prevent my User Bible from being synced properly to iOS?

Hi Kevin,

Could you zip and email me the user bible to test? I will PM my email address to you.

Mike