Holman Bible Atlas by thomas Brisco

ukfraser

Hi, you have a lot of Holman publications and i am surprised that this hasnt been included.

http://www.bhpublishinggroup.com/products/holman-bible-atlas-2

I accept that the Carta ones are excellent, and i really enjoy sacred bridge, but i still keep coming back to my paper copy of Brisco's book because of its indexes and maps and the way the material is presented.

Thanks.

There is a link to a pdf of the first chapter on the publishers page for those who have not seen this before.

;o)

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 2

In my opinion, Holman has the best looking maps available and are excellent for tools like PowerPoint and Keynote when teaching or preaching. I get one per quarter in our church curriculum, but would love to have the full set in Accordance.

I have the Holman, Baker, ESV, Zondervan, Moody, and MacMillian Atlases in print. In Accordance I have just about everything of the Carta series along with Zondervan and IVP Atlases. In print the ESV and Moody came with CD's with the maps and photos. What I have found is that what may look good in a book may not in a Presentation. Usually the text labels are too small to be read or lack contrast (pastel colors on another pastel background).

I usually find myself using the Research set to "Image" and "All Tools" to find the best maps to compare. The caveat is that some of the images are not tagged particularly well. For instance, there are some great city maps in the ESV Study Bible (e.g. Rome, Corinth, Ephesus). However, if you search for Ephesus using "Image" and "All Tools" it is not found. You can search for the English string "Ephesus in the Time of Paul" and it will find the section. 

Hi tony,

I scan the holman book for presentations. I have the zondervan and sacred bridge in accordance not to mention many study bibles and i like indexes of maps as its good to have a look rather than rely on searches (for the example given). But yes, they are designed for print and presentation doesnt necessarily follow but they give a good indication of scale, which i find most people do not appreciate. A picture is worth a thousand words, and we are becoming a very visual experienced population.

The holman maps are available as a pdf but theyare a poor scan quality

http://azbyka.ru/otechnik/assets/uploads/books/14889/Bible%20Atlas.pdf

Im just hoping that with super rick supporting this suggestion, it stands a chance of materialising!

;o)

• Like 1

Sadly at the moment Holman are not negotiating any licenses, so we'll have to keep it in mind and wait patiently.

• 4 months later...

Hi, is there any update on this?

I appreciate that we have just had the satellite atlas and a similar request for the crossway atlas but i still think these are the best maps of the three (and most of the crossway maps appear to be the same as those in the excellent esv study bible which is my current go to for maps).

Thanks.

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

The Holman Bible Atlas is now available for Accordance. Only $14.90 through Monday!

Crossgrade pricing from other Bible software platforms is available for only $5.50!

For more information, please see today’s blog post.