Advice on installing on a second computer please

ukfraser

Hi, i have accordance 11.x on an old reliable 2008 mbp where the second battery is on its last legs (an hour if lucky) so i am converting it to a desk top machine. (Still on mountain lion for cs 4 reasons and have upgraded the hd to 1tb).

I have decided to get a new current mbp ( risked buying now despite rumours of a new one).

Question, am i best to try and do a clean install from downloads on easy install or should i try and sync with my existing mbp? (I havent updated to the very very latest release 11.2.2) but everything is pretty much current.

Or is there another option you would advise?

Thanks

Edited by ukfraser

Yes, the best method is to install a new version of Accordance, downloaded directly from our site. Once you launch the program, type in your username and password, then download your resources.

Your Workspaces, User Tools, User Notes, Highlights, etc. are all located in the Accordance folder, which is usually located in the documents folder on your old computer. I'd recommend copying it to your new computer. Your preferences are in Library>Application Support>Accordance>Preferences. If you want to retain them, you'll need to copy them into the same folder on your new computer. Otherwise, you can set your preferences, library order, etc. afresh, once you've finished installing your new copy of Accordance and all its resources. Enjoy!

Hope this helps!

Many thanks dr j. Hopefully all will progress smoothly (but i know support are there should i get stuck)

;o)

• Like 1

Hi, I'm very new here. I have an issue with easy installing on iMac. Accordance went well before below message popped up so that I removed it for a fresh installation. However,  when click on easy installer, the same message comes up. Please give me advice. Great thanks in advance.

"The settings file "Texts" was created with a newer version of Accordance and cannot be opened. To use his version of Accordance, you will need to remove this file from the Preferences folder in the User Library Preferences, so that a current file version cane be created."

You have already contacted tech support on this. I doubt you will get better help here.

Hi Helen, yes you are right. The tech team already contacted me and showed a solution. Unfortunately it didn't work in my case. I totally erased Accordance from iMac and tried to do a fresh installation but it didn't work. I repeated it at a handful of times. I'm assuming that Mac OS upgrade causes this problem because Accordance went very well before the newest update. I wouldn't be bothered from that since I'm mainly using my laptop. I'm sure time will fix it as usual. Thanks for the quick response from you and tech team. :)

Edited by MLee