Pillar NT Commentary Indices

Andrew Nance

I bought the Pillar New Testament Commentary on Accordance. It is a great product and I love using it, but it seems to me that the indices of the commentaries are missing from Accordance's electronic version. Luckily, I had the print copy of O'Brien's Hebrews commentary to look up the information I needed. Could these indices be added to Accordance's electronic copy? Thanks. 

• Like 1

I bought the Pillar New Testament Commentary on Accordance. It is a great product and I love using it, but it seems to me that the indices of the commentaries are missing from Accordance's electronic version. Luckily, I had the print copy of O'Brien's Hebrews commentary to look up the information I needed. Could these indices be added to Accordance's electronic copy? Thanks. 

A couple of the newest volumes do include the Indices, e.g. Romans and 2Cor. However, the others do not. This is a part of a larger issue where in many cases in the past the files we received from the publisher did not include this content, so we did not include it. Also, in some cases you can find this same content by searching the module in Accordance (e.g. scripture references). As time went by we started receiving requests that this be included. Thankfully as available electronic file formats for publishers vastly improved, we now receive this content and include it, even adding it manually from the print copy or PDF if needed.

All that to say, due to the number of volumes missing this content and not having electronic files containing it, it is not likely that we can give this a high priority due to other projects, but we can look into it.

Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by Rick Bennett