Scripture and content in Research

Battlesman

How can I utilize a “research” tab to search for both verses and content? That is <John 3.16> AND “begotten”?

I wish you could click the (+) button like you can on non-research tabs and add another search parameter. 

I’ve asked about this before, so I don’t think it’s possible, but I thought I’d check again, just in case I’m missing something. 

Thanks!

post-32015-0-57726900-1469652694_thumb.png

• Like 1

Yes this would be a great function. I missed that too.

Greetings

Fabian

• 8 months later...

You may not be able to do it as I described it above (please, Oak Tree?), but I finally figured out how to do what I've been longing for! As I supposed, it is possible (and has been) in Accordance, I just didn't know how to do it. (Oops.)

Unless I am mistaken, here is the way to search for both content and a verse together. 

1. Open a default text tab, but instead of putting a verse or words, put [RANGE Hezekiah 3.45].

2. Do a research for the word you're looking for plus [CONTENTS _______]. 

I'm attaching two screenshots of examples of what I did, both to help others and for future reference for myself when I forget, haha!

post-32015-0-57971800-1491412179_thumb.png

post-32015-0-32747900-1491412189_thumb.png

• Like 7

You may not be able to do it as I described it above (please, Oak Tree?), but I finally figured out how to do what I've been longing for! As I supposed, it is possible (and has been) in Accordance, I just didn't know how to do it. (Oops.)

Unless I am mistaken, here is the way to search for both content and a verse together. 

1. Open a default text tab, but instead of putting a verse or words, put [RANGE Hezekiah 3.45].

I'm attaching two screenshots of examples of what I did, both to help others and for future reference for myself when I forget, haha!

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-04-05 at 1.09.02 PM.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-04-05 at 1.09.07 PM.png

Thank you Dustin for the tip and for your creativity!

• 1 year later...

Dustin, you are a genius! I came to the forums to find a way to add [Range ?] to a Research tab, and was disappointed until I found your post!  Thank You!

Still, it would be nice if Accordance could add the [Range ?] function to Research tabs.

I can add the RANGE command to a Research tab, both in the top entry box and in the entry of a Research tab itself. It works for texts but not for tools which never have supported this command.

I can add the RANGE command to a Research tab, both in the top entry box and in the entry of a Research tab itself. It works for texts but not for tools which never have supported this command.

Yes, it is possible to use [Range ?] in researching texts, but Dustin's method also works for tools—which is extremely helpful!