Flexibility in scoping word searches

caorongjin

I find the search engine very powerful on Accordance. My only thought is that the "Search within every..." selection is too awkward of an interface. For example, it would be nice to have a prepopulation of all the books and major groupings (Law, Prophets, Writings, Gospels, etc.) in the "of" menu. This is a very nice feature that Bible Gateway supports. Or maybe a textbox entry for dynamically specifying where to look for various texts.

Alexander:

Welcome to the Forum!

We have often considered adding predefined ranges, but they would not be appropriate for the different texts, some people only use the Hebrew Bible, others the Qumran texts. It really is easy to set up your own ranges, and once defined, they are yours for ever.

A new feature in Accordance is the [RANGE] command, which I think answers your second point. It is ideal if you want a quick and temporary range, for example:

lamb [RANGE ex 1-20]

finds the word lamb only in these chapters of Exodus.

I hope this helps.

We have often considered adding predefined ranges, but they would not be appropriate for the different texts, some people only use the Hebrew Bible, others the Qumran texts.
Fair enough.

A new feature in Accordance is the [RANGE] command, which I think answers your second point. It is ideal if you want a quick and temporary range...
Now that is a nice feature. Thanks for pointing that out! :D

Archived