NET Update??

Greg Terry

Hello,

I just purchased the Library 7 Intro version after using the Zondervan Essentials package for quite some time. Installation went well. However, when I run the AccUpdater immediately after the installation, it says that a newer version of the NET Bible and study notes are available, but there are no check marks to select in order to download the update. I hope this doesn't mean that I can't get the latest version of a package I just purchased.

:(

Would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg, while I can't give you all the details Helen can, you can always click the link in the AccUpdater to see where to get the new version.

I got the NET Bible by way of Library 7, but AccUpdater is saying that I need the Scholar's Collection CD-ROM to get the NET Bible update. Is this correct?

It is not a big deal for me since I have some modules in the Scholar's Collection, but will the Library CD-ROM set be updated soon, too? (OK, updating a Library-installed module from the Scholar's Collection might pose a slight challenge.)

I just checked, and I show the same thing. I have the Scholar's Collection and Library 7. The reason for this is because the Scholar's CD was just updated a couple weeks ago, and the update is only on that CD right now. You would need to order Scholar's 7.4 CD ($15 + shipping, I believe) to get that update. OakTree is recommending everyone get that CD, but you might wait until you plan to order something else that needs shipped to save yourself multiple shipping charges (that's what I'm doing).

The Scholar's CD is $10 as an update, that is, if you have Library 7 or Scholar's 7 or 7.1, as we won't need to send you the Bible Reference and Bible Unlock Cds this time.

There were just corrections to the formatting, the notes themselves are unchanged. I would not get the Scholar's CD just for this. We'll probably have more corrections to the NET and Notes on Library 8 next year, but again, not a new edition of the texts, just typos and formatting errors.

Thank you, Helen. I really appreciate the fast and helpful answers to questions on this forum. It is good to know that any changes to the notes are very minor.

Greg

Archived