Parsing Display

Benzoic

Hello, I'm using the GNT tagged by William Mounce, and I would to know if it is possible to set the parsing display to exclude the modified Greek word used in a verse. That is, I would just like to see the lexical form, root, tags, and gloss. Is this possible? I couldn't find anything in the "set parsing display menu" that would remove the modified Greek word. Also, I changed the tag code order in the accordance preferences, but the order did not appear in the parsing workspace--is there anyway to fix this?

This should probably be moved to the "original language" forum . . . sorry.

Thank you.

No, you cannot remove the inflected form from the Parsing, otherwise how would you know which word was being parsed?

Setting the tag order does affect the Parsing order. Perhaps you just needed to redo the parsing since it will not change a window that is already open.

Thanks for the quick response, Helen. I always translate by simply using the lexical forms and morphology. For me, there's no use in seeing the inflected Greek word. I was hoping to remove them so as to create more space for printing purposes.

Is there anyway to import text into Word so that it will retain its format? Every method I try, the words become scrambled all over the place. <_<

Also, why are there only 3 font sizes in the parsing display (as opposed to selecting any font size one wishes)? I'd like to print with a smaller size.

Thanks again.

Archived