• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 scottr

scottr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 07:37 PM

As a new person to studying the Mishna as part of my biblical studies and sermon preparation, it would be great if Neusner's Mishna actually came with a Table of Contents that told me where I could find certain background/rulings. To have an English TOC or even better, a Heb-Eng TOC would be a great help to the average pastor seeking to find Jewish background. Am I missing something inherent in the modules already, or could this be added? As I looked online at Neusner's text version, his TOC is very useful and helpful, unfortunately I don't want to have to scroll around Amazon everytime I am looking for something.

#2 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,869 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 04 February 2008 - 10:48 PM

You can select Display: List All Book Names to see a listing of individual sections/books in the Mishna.

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

Gear for Running Accordance:

OS X

2014 Mac Mini - 2.6 Ghz dual core Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, Yosemite/OS X Server

2015 12" MacBook - 1.3 Ghz Core M, 8 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, El Capitan

Windows

2014 15.6" Acer R7-572 - 1.6 Ghz Core i5, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB mSATA, 512 GB SSD, Windows 10

iOS

2015 iPhone 6s Plus, 128 GB, Verizon, iOS 9.x

2015 iPad Pro, 128 GB, Verizon, iOS 9.x

#3 scottr

scottr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:13 PM

Thanks. That's a little helpful, but since my Hebrew is less than adequate, that doesn't tell me enough about what I would find in each section. Right now, I have created my own TOC in a user module, but it would be way more handy if it was an integral part of the module like the Commentaries where you can get to a certain section easily, or even be able to look for the section regarding tithes, which I now know is Ma'aserot and Ma'aser Sheni along with a few others on various other offerings, but the Hebrew naming of these doesn't help the non-expert in these very well. Neusner's TOC to the printed addition is wonderful for trying to find stuff, but since I don't have that, and I was hoping to make it easier by getting an e-text for searching that would be a great addition to the module.

You can select Display: List All Book Names to see a listing of individual sections/books in the Mishna.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users