Greek Searching Question

Gregory Dietrich

OK, here is a question for ya'll. Here is what I am trying to do. In working in Luke 2, I want to Highlight all the verbs. This is simple, I just created a search for All verbs in Luke 2. Now, I want to take those results and search for all Perfects and highlight them a different color, while leaving everything else still highlighted. Is this possible? I hope this is not confusing...thanks for your help.

I believe you can just run the search in Luke 2 for [Verb Perfect] and then shift+click on the highlight pattern you want, and it will highlight all the perfect verbs with that pattern, leaving the rest alone. Shift+click highlights all hit items.

I think that if Greg wants to highlight all verbs one way and perfect verbs another, he needs to do this twice. Find all the verbs and shift-click to highlight them with one style. then find all the perfects and use another style. You cannot keep the regular "hits" styling on one search and run another search in the same window. This is why you must apply a highlighting style using the Highlight palette. These styles remain until cleared, although they can be hidden.

I think that if Greg wants to highlight all verbs one way and perfect verbs another, he needs to do this twice. Find all the verbs and shift-click to highlight them with one style. then find all the perfects and use another style. You cannot keep the regular "hits" styling on one search and run another search in the same window. This is why you must apply a highlighting style using the Highlight palette. These styles remain until cleared, although they can be hidden.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the prompt response. This isn't exactly what I wanted, but it will work just fine.

Archived