Default Text Display

Greg Willson

Maybe this should be in the feature request forum, but here goes anyway:

Is there any way to have a default view specific to the text? Can I set ESV to always display as "Paragraphs With Space" and GNT-T to always display as "Separate with Space"? Right now, I just have Accordance open up with the last session (and that works fine), but if I want to add additional panes or tabs, I have to always change one or the other. I'd like to set all my English Bibles to open up as paragraphs and my original languages to open up as separate verses.

There is no way to set all the English texts one way and all the Greek another way, but it's easy to accomplish this goal. I would first go to Preferences: Text Display, and set it the way you want English texts to appear. The Preferences will affect all new windows and text panes. Then open each Greek text in a pane and select Set Text Display, and after setting it click the Use as Default button. This makes the settings the default for this text, so you will need to set the display for each Greek text, or each text that you want to be different from your preference settings.

That works perfectly- exactly what I wanted! I guess I thought the Use as Default button was for all the modules, not for that specific module. Thanks!!

Archived