Accordance for Lutherans

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ToddPeperkorn

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Theology, biblical languages, latin, german, American Lutheranism, American church history, chess, golf, woodworking, science fiction, classic literature, anything that could generally be categorized as a "book".

Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:57 PM

I just got this link regarding how Libronix is marketing to specific denominational groups:

Libronix for Lutherans

This might be a good approach for Accordance to consider.

Rev. Todd Peperkorn
Messiah Lutheran Church (LCMS)
Kenosha, WI 53140

#2 davesalyer

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 02:38 PM

I have often wished I had a hyper-linked copy of the Book of Church Order for the PCA on accordance. Beings that the searchable PDF is freely available on their website I am sure there is some way to make a user tool of it but have yet to take the time to learn that process.

My guess is that it would not be cost-effective for Accordance to add the relevant documents for each denomination, but I also know nothing about the process for doing so - so I could be wrong.

#3 Greg Ward

Greg Ward

• Accordance
  • 26 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 07 April 2008 - 03:19 PM

E-mail me at gward (at) accordancebible (dot) com. I can send you a user tool of the PCA BCO.

Greg Ward
Accordance Development

#4 Gregory Dietrich

Gregory Dietrich

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:New Testament, Biblical Theology, Systematic Theolgy, Reading, Library Building, Research, Apple Computers
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:07 PM

I can see what Todd is saying and it sounds like it could be a nice fit, but I think overall I would have to disagree. I guess what I am thinking is where would it end? As a Lutheran you obviously know there are plenty of different flavors of Lutherans. So do you have a different set for different types? Think about Baptists for a moment...you have everything from Free Will Baptist to Reformed Baptists. If your a Southern Baptist it is hard to know what you specifically believe because they are all over the map theologically. I say none of this in disrespect but just trying to point out that I would much rather have the great folks at Accordance focus on module and software development then catering to specific groups, for which would be difficult to define.

G. A. Dietrich

#5 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

• Accordance
  • 1,607 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:08 PM

On another note, there's quite a bit of public domain content specifically by Luther at the Project Gutenberg website.

Someone who's feeling really ambitious could convert all those documents into a user tool (or multiple tools) and make it available on the Accordance Exchange.

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

Gear for Running Accordance:

2014 Mac Mini - 2.6 Ghz dual core Intel-core i5, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, Yosemite/OS X Server

2015 12" MacBook - 1.3 Ghz Core M, 8 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, El Capitan

2014 15.6" Acer R7-572 - 1.6 Ghz Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB mSATA, 1 TB HDD, Windows 10

2013 iPad Air, 128 GB, T-Mobile, iOS 9.x

2015 iPhone 6s Plus, 128 GB, Verizon, iOS 9.x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users