Hebrew Font Inconsistency on Export

Charles Stock

When copying and pasting into Pages '08 documents, I find that some citations are totally text based and can be edited, resized etc. Other citations seem to treat the entire block as an graphic and it is impossible to edit stuff in the middle of the pasted portion.

I have noticed the most when working with Hebrew tools such as TWOT or NIDOTTE.

I have the export preferences set on Unicode. This has probably been discussed, but I couldn't find the thread. Is there any way to get consistent, and editable, pasted sections out of the Hebrew-English tools? Perhaps I should reset the export in Yehudit font.

When copying and pasting into Pages '08 documents, I find that some citations are totally text based and can be edited, resized etc. Other citations seem to treat the entire block as an graphic and it is impossible to edit stuff in the middle of the pasted portion.

I have noticed the most when working with Hebrew tools such as TWOT or NIDOTTE.

I have the export preferences set on Unicode. This has probably been discussed, but I couldn't find the thread. Is there any way to get consistent, and editable, pasted sections out of the Hebrew-English tools? Perhaps I should reset the export in Yehudit font.

Not to sound like a complete broken record on this subject, but have you ever used Mellel, Charles? It might be worth downloading the demo and comparing how pastes work there.

Charles,

I would suspect this has more to do with Pages, and whether or not it is treating your paste as text or a graphic. I have sometimes found myself confused by Pages' interface for distinguishing between text and graphic objects.

Charles,

I would suspect this has more to do with Pages, and whether or not it is treating your paste as text or a graphic. I have sometimes found myself confused by Pages' interface for distinguishing between text and graphic objects.

Even with the selection problems, Pages 08 does wrap the text correctly. When the margins are moved, the text wrap changes appropriately. Odd.

Jack

Another great example of help from the Accordance Forums! Every response has been helpful.

Rick, thanks for suggesting Mellel. I am now trying to figure out its intricacies, but see that it handles these Accordance entries very normally. Through a round about export from M to .doc format then import into Pages, I can get the citations to behave well in Pages. Is that weird or what? I like Pages for the ease of graphic inclusion, working with Keynote, etc., but may master Mellel over time.

Thanks, David for letting me know I'm not crazy.

Jack, I will try manipulating the margins and see what that does.

Archived