Location of "-" text

Sean R.

Occasionally Accordance will ask me to locate the module for "-" text. My understanding is that "-" is what creates the user dividers for the organization of texts, tools, etc.

The request to locate the module for "-" usually occurs when I place the curser over a Scripture link in a user note or reference work. The most recent occurrence of this was when I was using Thayer's. This has happened several times, however, and does not seem confined to one text or reference tool. Usually it happens only once or twice at one time. I'll cancel the dialog box that appears asking me to locate the "missing" text. And usually it doesn't happen again

I would check for which Bibles are set as the Hypertext Text and Alternate Text in Set Text Display. It's probably quickest to reset this preference for all tools in the Preferences, and make sure that they refer to current modules. The problem may still arise when you open saved windows with their own display preferences, and they may still be looking to older or moved texts.

Your suggestion solved my problem. I hadn't set an Alternate Text in the preferences (had hardly even yet visited the preferences pane). I set an Alternate Text, and I suspect I won't be having that particular problem again. Thanks!

God bless,

Sean

Archived